Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it is here and with a little more money she will be complete.

JDM Built motor!!!!!!!!

This motor is going to smack Rob in the head!!!! [smilie=laugh.gif]

The last pic is of my new 55 lbs injectors.

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
WOO HOO .............

CONGRATS on the motor Bro, Smooooooking..........   [smilie=bow.gif]

BTW, you going to need that  Avalanche of yours

to tow your L home when I'm done with you, AH HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA [smilie=omgrofl.gif]
And just to make sure I always have a little extra power on board,
Denny is beefing my Solenoids up to 300HP AS WE SPEAK :D
(just in case).....
they don't call me Nitrous Ronbo for nothing you know

Best of Luck Avalanche  :cheers:, whats the master plan ???

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Master Plan????

Well the little that I will let out of the bag is first the heads are coming off and being ported and pollished 3 angle valve job valves oversized .030 over new sleeves and a special set of cams that very few people have. If I have any money left over I will be getting a racetested setup so you can kiss my arse. The motor combo that I am going with has already been proven to run in the low tens someone in the JDM tough truck series is running it right now. Oh yea I am going to more than likely go with a Whipple 3.3 IF they ever come out. [smilie=fingersx.gif]

The only thing that worries me is after this is all done I will need to get a cage and an onboard fire suppression system to run at any NHRA track because I am hopeing for mid to low 10's.

·
Project Dirty Dog
6,747 Posts
It will be nice if you have it all done by Lfest and see if you and rob go at it. See who has the better truck. Terry did a good job on the last motor he put in from JDM. You know he is working some numbers on Ron's truck and is going to be making somewere in the 700+hp range with that KB.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea this is the motor that came out of Rons truck and before it goes in mine it will be a mirror of his and Jims.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Don't wanna burst your bubble, but Nobody in FFW truck series ran a low ten last year! Jim ran some mid-tens, but that was on NOS.

The rules are still up in the air at FFW for running 10's... You will need a rollbar (not cage), a fire extinquisher not a fire system, a fire jacket not a suit.. there are a couple of other IHRA/NHRA rules that may apply but they are not enforced as of yet!

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
Rules rules rules

I'm going to have to play the "oops did I run that ET"  :LOL
for a season.
But
I will be no where near that power of your Beast Avalanche
WOW that sounds sick  [smilie=eek4.gif]
:smt023 :smt023 @ sick, hehehehe

I only plan to play around in the low 11's, with the possibility of the old mighty 10.99
on a good day.

11.49 this year with NO BAR right ?

fomocofan, how you been Pal  [smilie=wavey.gif]
Hows that Beautiful Beast of yours doing ?

I've been talking this Roll Bar up A LOT with a big time Mustang Pal of mine.
He's certified, runs the series (high 8's / low 9's last season), but switched S/C's for this season and plans on low 8's / high 7's this season. He was saying that if we talked to the right people he see's no reason for the bars to leave the cab (via back window)
Something to do with only having to protect the Drivers compartment. Since we only have a 2 seater and no back seat compartment (or area), it seems they just use the normal rules for trucks, but that doesn't mean it makes sense or is fair ?

You know this stuff better than I ever will, whats your take on it ?

Plus my other idea was why can't we criss cross the bars and shoot them BOTH out of the center window ???

·
Registered
270 Posts
i heard from the some guy at the track that this company makes a roll cage that comes down behind the seats and exits through the back wall and goes into the bed though there so you can keep your windows intact and retain the sleeper look. and im very interested in the name so ill talk to him next weekend and let you guys know. thats the only reason i havent further modded my truck is because i dont want a cage that goes through my back window cuz i need my tonneau cover. if this cage does exist my truck is getting a built motor and nitrous. :)

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
fomocofan said:
Don't wanna burst your bubble, but Nobody in FFW truck series ran a low ten last year! Jim ran some mid-tens, but that was on NOS.

The rules are still up in the air at FFW for running 10's... You will need a rollbar (not cage), a fire extinquisher not a fire system, a fire jacket not a suit.. there are a couple of other IHRA/NHRA rules that may apply but they are not enforced as of yet!
I will have to disagree with you on the nobody running low tens last year, what about Johnny??? I believe he ran a 9. something did he not and yes that was on spray.

Yes Jim ran mid 10's and that is what I am shooting for and I am going to be spraying. I never said I was not. Unless the rules have changed in the last two months if you run 10.99 and faster you must have a rollcage. Here is an excerpt from the rule book on Rollcages.

4.5 ROLL BAR

Roll bar mandatory in all cars running 11.00 (*7.00) to 11.99 (*7.49) and in convertibles running 11.00 (*7.00) to 13.99 (*8.59), and in dune-buggy type vehicles running 12.00 (*7.50) seconds and slower. Permitted in all cars. See General Regulations 4.10, 10.6.

4.6 ROLL CAGE

Roll cage mandatory in cars running 10.99 (*6.99) or quicker, or any car exceeding 135 mph (217.2 km/h). Full bodied cars, with unaltered firewall, floor and body (from firewall rearward, wheeltubs permitted), running between 10.00 (*6.40) and 10.99 (*6.99) roll bar permitted in place of roll cage. Cars running between 7.50 (*4.50) and 9.99 (*6.39) must have chassis inspected every three-years by the ASN and have a serialised sticker affixed to cage before participation. Must conform to specs for body style used, as listed in General Regulations 4.11, 10.6.

If you wan the link here it is to the complete rules and regs. http://www.thepike.net/NHRA Rules.htm

·
Registered
118 Posts
fomocofan said:

Hey fat boy.....................don't be coming in here looking for trouble with my bro Avalanche. I will mess you up. Tell ya what, when you unload your weak arse truck in Orlando, leave the ramps hanging off the back of your trailer. I'll see if I can help you to get back home early.......

Rocks

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
Roll bar mandatory in all cars running 11.00 to 11.99

Vinnie insist that changed to 11.49 Jan 1st, 05
DOES ANYONE KNOW FOR SURE ???

Holy Rip off batman, I talked to John yesterday (my stang bud) and Montana Bro's
charged him 8K to modify his current set up (was certified already and running @ 9.0) to his new certification (now certified for mid 7's I believe he said)
he gave me the certification # but I forgot. He said it's basically identicle to an all out funny car now, he freaked when they told him 8K considering all they did was modified what he already had [smilie=eek4.gif]
He did also have to switch wheelie bars though, Parachute stayed the same).

Ah a PARACHUTE, the ultimate dream :smt118

·
Registered
118 Posts
Rob_02Lightning said:
Roll bar mandatory in all cars running 11.00 to 11.99

Vinnie insist that changed to 11.49 Jan 1st, 05
DOES ANYONE KNOW FOR SURE ???
Yes it has changed for sure. No cage or bar until 11.49 :D.

Rob_02Lightning said:
Holy Rip off batman, I talked to John yesterday (my stang bud) and Montana Bro's
charged him 8K to modify his current set up (was certified already and running @ 9.0) to his new certification (now certified for mid 7's I believe he said)
he gave me the certification # but I forgot. He said it's basically identicle to an all out funny car now, he freaked when they told him 8K considering all they did was modified what he already had [smilie=eek4.gif]
He did also have to switch wheelie bars though, Parachute stayed the same).

Ah a PARACHUTE, the ultimate dream :smt118

Can you imagine having to remove your parachute before you leave for work on Monday morning??? Or better yet...just leave it on to see how troopers pull you over on the way... [smilie=laugh.gif]

·
Registered
393 Posts
Avalanche said:
Master Plan????

Well the little that I will let out of the bag is first the heads are coming off and being ported and pollished 3 angle valve job valves oversized .030 over new sleeves and a special set of cams that very few people have. If I have any money left over I will be getting a racetested setup so you can kiss my arse. The motor combo that I am going with has already been proven to run in the low tens someone in the JDM tough truck series is running it right now. Oh yea I am going to more than likely go with a Whipple 3.3 IF they ever come out. [smilie=fingersx.gif]

The only thing that worries me is after this is all done I will need to get a cage and an onboard fire suppression system to run at any NHRA track because I am hopeing for mid to low 10's.

You said this motor combo( JDM motor ) has been proven to run low tens.... How does JL running 9's prove this?

Jdm ran 10.50's on a built motor with spray...NOT low ten's!!

I repeat NOBODY has run low 10's in FFW Tough Truck!

Dont disagree with the facts!!!

·
Registered
393 Posts
BoostinSvt954 said:
i heard from the some guy at the track that this company makes a roll cage that comes down behind the seats and exits through the back wall and goes into the bed though there so you can keep your windows intact and retain the sleeper look. and im very interested in the name so ill talk to him next weekend and let you guys know. thats the only reason i havent further modded my truck is because i dont want a cage that goes through my back window cuz i need my tonneau cover. if this cage does exist my truck is getting a built motor and nitrous. :)

First of all, Do not confuse rollcage with rollbar! We only need a rollbar to run down as low as 10.00 aslong as sppeds do not exceed 135 mph!!

The brace bar(s) must intersect with the rollbar within 5" from the top of the bar.

In IHRA/NHRA, you only need one drivers side bar, a main hoop and a brace "adequately supported or cross braced to prevent forward or lateral collapse".

I would think a passenger side "brace" going from the top forward along the door and to the frame would do the trick??

1 - 16 of 16 Posts