Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will admit that this is a "coming out" of sorts. I told my dad i was going to buy an F-150 and he gave me that look that only a father can give. The one that says "What the **** is the matter with you boy?".

First off I don't currently own a Ford of any kind. I was raised strictly chevy/mopar. I am NOT however biased in any way. I've always given credit where credit is due and appreciate all forms of awesome whether it be ford,chevy,dodge,mitsubishi,toyota,etc. I currently own a 1970 Chevrolet Nova, a 1985 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS and a 1988 Chevrolet Suburban.

The main reason I am going to buy a 2nd gen lightning is that they are different from everything I have ever had and they look terribly fun. The fact that its still a truck means its still semi practical in daily use while still being somewhat interesting. My short term goals are to obtain a stock 2nd gen with relatively low mileage. Long term goals are...

Anyway I guess I'm really here to learn as much about Lightnings and all associated topics I can within the next month as to prepare myself for the oncoming sickness that is a new project. I have already learned quite a bit from these forums and the "how-to" section is pretty sweet. I guess thats it for this rant but I'm sure theres more to come.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
First off WELCOME from New Orleans.

Oh boy are you in for a ride!!

Welcome to LR
Boy!!! you got that right.

If you got with a low milage STOCK L. KEEP IT STOCK. Leave the truck alone. Don't mod it. Don't do anything that you don't have to.

Bryan

·
Poor driver mod
1,414 Posts
welcome to the forum, and yes we need so photos of the bowties! Had a friend in HS with a 72 Nova, thats was a blast, not as quick as my 72 cougar, but still fun little 350sbc that would get it moving.

·
Sport90's #1
3,690 Posts
Welcome to LR...watch out for some of us HD guys out there...same power plant as the L and in some cases, we may be just as fast if not faster.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts