Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have upgraded all of my internals and I changed out my bottom pully to and 8lb and wanted to know what is a good size to replace the supercharger pully and just get ideas for the next step.

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
Welcome Smittie, we kind of like to consider ratios on pulleys...So you have a 8.5"lower, if you put a 3" upper on the blower you will end up with a ratio of 2.833, always divide the lower by the upper...That means that the blower will spin 2.833 times for every turn of the crank...That said you didn't mention what blower you are talking about, that could make a big difference in your choice.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Details are its the stock svt blower with the stock pully. I went ahead and put TF on with mahle piston and arms, With a 65lb billet crack and I was planning after deployment to switch over to a KB but I just wanted help so I dont blow anything on this stock blower.

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
I actually figured that wrong you have a 9.5 lower so that would make it 3.16 ratio, sorry...As long as you have the stock upper the ratio would be 3.24 and your built engine will handle it well with a proper tune...That is spinning an Eaton pretty hard, but the little rascals are tough...Heat might be your biggest problem, but that would be with any blower spun that hard.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
crewsy
Lightning Rodder
Join our Lightning Rodder community to discuss the supercharged Ford F150 SVT and Harley Davidson edition pickup.
Full Forum Listing