Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I should know most of this by now since I have been following the L's for quite some time but some feedback would be appreciated.

A friend picked up an 01 Lightning and wants to add an Accufab TB, Tru-Flow upper plenum, Motoblue HP series 95mm intake and C&L inlet pipe.

A recommend JJ's TB mod and think a PSP or JLP airbox would be better? Maybe add a 4# lower? A good tune would be suggested even without a pulley?

·
Project Dirty Dog
6,747 Posts
Don't Forget the FTVB and yes a chip w/tune will make a huge diffrence and I recomend it he is going to run a 4# lower, As far as a Air Box JLP is The one I would go with.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I would'nt suggest a hard shifting item like the FTVB until after some type of traction bar is installed. That rearend rotates quite a bit w/o something.

I had a FTVB for about 2 weeks before some bars and it made ugly noises and just did'nt feel right. After the long tube bars it now gives a solid fwd punch and no odd noises.

My suggestion for power is a 4# lower, ported eaton, and a dyno tune after all the other little stuff he wants to put on.

Rich

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
HELLO, [smilie=wavey.gif] YOUR FORGETTING THE MOST IMPORTANT MOD 

:D

D, Of course Fliter Chip N Pulley is ALWAYS best bang for the buck (and highly recommended for the first mods) I think EVERYONE here would recommend that before a Maf, Upper, Inlet tube, and even a T/B and FTVB, (which as said kind of leads to bars, loop, and slicks)
(of course everything is part of ther large picture, as you know)

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Of course nitrous was already suggested but many people just don't want the nitrous route for whatever reasons.

Will pass the information along that was shared. Thanks!

·
paranoid
4,608 Posts
the ftvb is a good start. but like already said not without some type of traction bar. i have the jlp valve body for the transmission. and i had it on for about a month before i was able to afford the jlp bars and by that time i had worn the extension seal out on my transmission and had to have it replaced. then i got smart and put the bars on and it just feels stiffer and gives a better ride i think over stock....

jlp ram air intake or psp (ram air) intake
would be good start.

·
Administrator
18,551 Posts
I suggest staying away from the 95 maf tube.
It can be a tuning nightmare with no real benefits.
Stick to the Ford 90mm.
A tune is noticeable even at stock boost levels.
Jim

·
Registered
87 Posts
How about an Electric Fan??????? Lose some rotating mass, pick up HP, less stress on the engine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts