Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of you know, that Matias has done a outstanding job with the Old Town meets for many years. Myself, went to my first one in 2003. Enjoyed every minute of it. Over the years we have had a slight drop in members attending and well, frankly, it was getting old doing the same thing. Matias has handed the reins over to me to handle our meets, big job to fill his shoes which I will try my hardest.
I was going to be bringing awesome news with us invading the Daytona Speedway with our trucks, but due to the supercross and the 500 so close, looks like next year we will get in! So, to spice things up, I have changed our Old Town meet to something different, for the better. This coming February 26, 27, and 28, LIGHTNINGS INVADE DAYTONA BEACH! That’s right! Check this out!
Friday evening 26th (people showing up): cruise meet up at Hooters across from the Daytona International Speedway. Meet and greet, cold beverages, and good food. Nice evening cruise by the speedway and A1A/International Drive
Saturday 27th : 9am to 4-5ish Winghouse right next to the Speedway! They will have everything set up for us, good food, good drinks, and a nice show! We will have our own spot from the front to the sides (depending on trucks). Saturday evening, we have go karts and other fun stiff if you guys want in
Sunday 28th: DRIVE ON THE BEACH! Thought this would be a great idea for all of us. Drive on the beach get photos taken and just have fun as a family group! Good times had by all, starts 10ish to get good spots on the beach and relax to whenever!

Hotel are being worked out as we speak, as well as discounted rates for go karts, and Winghouse group packages. Also working on shirts and posters!

Soooo....boom

https://www.facebook.com/events/503180586504719/503194456503332/

Reactions: the12fast4u

·
Registered
277 Posts
Looking forward to it!! Hope to get alot of L from miami to ride over..

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
id be down as long as another ice storm doesn't come through and tear all the power lines down again next feb. when will you have prices???

·
Administrator
18,571 Posts
Spent some time at that Winghouse last year when I went to the Daytona 500. It is very good and well run. You guys will enjoy it there.

I sure hope changing the traditional venue does not hurt attendance. I always look forward to seeing Old Town pics/stories as a signal that our Spring Race Season is fast approaching. After a long Winter it is always a welcome thing.

Jim

·
Content Under Pressure
1,643 Posts
I should be able to make it!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jim, my thoughts exactly. But, seeing it over the years, the attendance has dropped. I really tried to get us in the 500 and be able to get our trucks into the track for a photo opportunity, but with the 500 and the supercross, and the final construction, it was tough.

Plus being able to drive on the beach for a photo opportunity in Daytona, just could not pass it up.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nah not really, they have a speed limit of 5 mph..pretty much idle speed. The ground is very hard by the years of driving. As long as you don't drive like a jerkoff, all good :bigtu

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
gotcha, well like i said count me in, let me know when you get some prices together. by the way thanks for organizing all this stuff for us, i know i appreciate it and sure everyone elese does too.:bigtu

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No problem, it is my pleasure. It is work, but to see everyone hang out, b.s., and have a great time..is what makes me happy

Reactions: stevecal

·
Dual Money Pits
4,504 Posts
anyone concerned about the undercarriage can just hitup one of those drive through washes that does the underside...Im guilty of going to the coin operated one and driving through the under carriage wash portion and leaving so the auto brushes dont get the paint lol

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'll drive over from Clearwater/Tampa area with the wife. Is this event kid friendly, too? I may try to get my parents to watch The Littles, yet, my son would LOVE to see all the trucks :)

·
Registered
2004 Sonic Blue Truck is # 3348 of 3781 built on 05/03/2004
3,251 Posts
anyone concerned about the undercarriage can just hitup one of those drive through washes that does the underside...Im guilty of going to the coin operated one and driving through the under carriage wash portion and leaving so the auto brushes dont get the paint lol
LMFAO!

You're not alone in this.:smt023

I also scope out the touchless ones that do undercarriage and frequent them.

·
Registered
277 Posts
LMFAO!

You're not alone in this.:smt023

I also scope out the touchless ones that do undercarriage and frequent them.
Lets just get a mobile guy come out and give us a discount price to do all of them hahah..

·
Content Under Pressure
1,643 Posts
Merlin lives 10 mins from me lol

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
hotel info

Here is the Hotel

http://www.shoresresort.com/

address

2637 S Atlantic Ave, Daytona Beach Shores, FL 32118

****WHEN YOU CALL, USE THIS CODE "FORD LIGHTNING CLUB"*****

Phone number is for our club discount is

866-934-7467

River view
Thursday=$119.00
Friday and Saturday=$149.00 (each night)

Ocean View
Thursday=$129.00
Friday and Saturday=$159.00 (each night)

Ocean Front
Thursday=$159.00
Friday and Saturday=$189.00 (each night)

Get with me if you guys have questions

Please reserve by 1/26/2014 for rooms.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts