Oil Field Trash
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Fixed all the pictures, no thanks to Photobucket! :smt013

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Sir,
I remember reading your work back in April I believe, and it was this thread and the build by George C. that made my decision to join an easy one. I now have this thread in my folder. Outstanding work and thanks for taking an incredible amount of time to do this. Please don't be a stranger!!

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,545 Posts
bump for the newbies

·
jlindsey00L
4 Posts
Thanks for the Bump..........

I've been looking for a thread like this for years, I have owned my Lightning for a few yrs now and started the process of buying parts. This thread has helped determine what else I need at this point.

Thanks

·
Oil Field Trash
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Updated with Electrical and Tuning completed

·
Oil Field Trash
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Tried to update with "Going Built", but I wrote too much and exceeded the character count. Seeing if an admin can insert a post for me, or if I need to shorten up what I wrote. I prolly went too detailed.

Reactions: Boss Hoss

·
Registered
149 Posts
Tried to update with "Going Built", but I wrote too much and exceeded the character count. Seeing if an admin can insert a post for me, or if I need to shorten up what I wrote. I prolly went too detailed.
Really appreciate all your efforts. Just finished brushing up after reading early last year :smt023

·
Administrator
18,470 Posts
Wow! Great info detailed here. I can't believe I never read any of it before, but with the title of course level 101, I guess I never actually looked at it. Lots of work went into building this resource. Thank you!:bigtu

Stickied as requested. Hoping Rob can help with adding space where you need it.

Jim

·
Founder
13,857 Posts
Should be good to go now Jim :cheers
You should have double post for #10 allowing you the space tbone (there may be double #11's but we can always delete whats not needed.

and Ya what everyone said TRULY AMAZING THREAD & INFO :bigtu
wish we had this 15 years ago (could have saved a hundred K :p )

·
Registered
23 Posts
Wish I would have found this thread years ago. Lots of good info.
Now waiting on the built part.

·
Oil Field Trash
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
And, the "Going Built" section has now been posted. Thanks to Rob and Jim for helping me add an extra post in there. Apparently I wrote too much and exceeded the character count for one post.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Many thanks TBone. Absolutely awesome and invaluable information. I am on my fifth L. Two were new in 03 and Jan 05 followed by three used. Latest a 4500mile truck bought in September of last year. Supposedly has a HP upgrade but it all looks stock to me. Maybe a tune. But I am not convinced. Felt fairly strong when up and running but seems to lack that wave of mid range torque. Last week it has developed a slight misfire. So sorting that out first.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Sir,
I read "Neil the horsepower freak" thread on F-150 online numerous times. That thread is a veeeerrrry distant second to this one. The amount of knowledge, experience, and time shared here is second to none. BTW, I have subscribed. Thank you !!

Keith

P.S. Please do the racing world a favor and publish your work !!!

41 - 60 of 74 Posts