Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulled bumper for paint and reinstalled. Connectors were dangling for about two days and saw some rain. I blew them out to dry and connected. Now both lp lights fail to light. Any ideas? I checked just about every fuse because the manual doesn't list these specifically. Cannot figure it out...:smt102

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
11,114 Posts
Shoot. I've been driving my Ranger with two blown out bulbs for years. At night since I work night shift. Can't count the number of police behind me. Never been a problem. My motorcycle doesn't even have a plate bulb. Been that way for nine years. ;)

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shoot. I've been driving my Ranger with two blown out bulbs for years. At night since I work night shift. Can't count the number of police behind me. Never been a problem. My motorcycle doesn't even have a plate bulb. Been that way for nine years. ;)
A little OCD, they gotta work, everything does... Lol.

I tried to test the harness but I think my bulb is out, tried on battery and nothing. Guess I have to go buy one...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Here in Florida they get you all the time for no tag lights as far as them not lighting it's got to be the bulbs it doesn't take much for them to go out I run led's in mine

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here in Florida they get you all the time for no tag lights as far as them not lighting it's got to be the bulbs it doesn't take much for them to go out I run led's in mine
Update: bought a pack of ten for $5 at AZ and installed, bingo! It was two bad bulbs... What are the odds?

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
11,114 Posts
Update: bought a pack of ten for $5 at AZ and installed, bingo! It was two bad bulbs... What are the odds?
Evidently pretty good. I had two bad bulbs in my Lightning, that I had ignored for quite some time. When the truck was in the shop after being t-boned by another driver, they replaced them. Both bulbs in my Ranger have been burned out for years. But at one time, one of them did work. I just ignored it, and finally the other one burned out. I'm ocd, my truck is clean all the time. Even clean the rear suspension since it's visible to anyone following. But not about license plate lights, don't care if they work or not. :p

Who knows, maybe one of them on yours has been burned out for some time, and ya just didn't know it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts