1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
10 Second Club!!!
5,573 Posts
i have a 2400-2600 LFP stall in my truck. " did drive it everyday"lol. i payed $629 shipped to my door and have put 4k miles since installed. On the same tune at the same track but different days 60ft dropped from 1.95 to 1.84, then i installed the kenne bell 2.3 and best before motor went was a 1.72 60ft in 90* weather on nitto NT05R's.

have no complaints so far.

·
Big Dck Playa
1,293 Posts
599 is the sale? I would rather go with circle D in that case

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I've got 3 years and probly 13,000 or more miles on my LFP 2400 and it has been great. Performs flawlessly as a DD, towing, or knocking off a few passes down the 1320.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
great thread, I was just thinking about getting a torque converter the past couple days. Ive looked at PI, Circle D, and the LFP converters. I wasn't sure who to go with or what stall to get for a DD.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is some good information, you would think they would advertise that. Mine should be here in a few days, I will look to see if we have a how-to somewhere and surely post some pics!

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
That is some good information, you would think they would advertise that. Mine should be here in a few days, I will look to see if we have a how-to somewhere and surely post some pics!
You ordered it? Did you go with the 2400 stall?

·
Administrator
18,137 Posts
LFP used to sell Art Carr converters. Years ago it was a great company. Lately, not so much. If they are selling Circle D now then that is a real good piece. And a good price.

Jim

·
Registered
226 Posts
A little birdie told me the LFP units are Circle D's....
i had heard the same thing, so i asked circle d when i was ordering my 3200 triple disc from them. he confirmed that they indeed make lfp's converters. both are great companies to deal with so feel confident ordering from either one of them. btw the circle d converters are bad ass!

·
Bracket maker
3,982 Posts
Why wouldn't lfp just sell them as circle Ds? I think it would save a lot of questions or are the spec'd differently?

·
10 Second Club!!!
5,573 Posts
Why wouldn't lfp just sell them as circle Ds? I think it would save a lot of questions or are the spec'd differently?

because cicrle D sells there for little more money and i think they ment to keep it from getting out to everyone that they build them for LFP.

·
10 Second Club!!!
5,573 Posts
How do you determine whats the best stall speed, Some like 2400 2600 or 2800

personal preferance i suppose. i went with the 2400-2600 because of price it was cheaper than the 2600-2800. I've looked at peoples 60ft with different size stalls and couldnt see where the higher stall helped.

for example last track outing jster171 has a WMS short block,heads,cams with stage 4 ported eaton makeing 512rwhp(approx) and a 2600-2800 stall and i had my current setup making less hp both of us on NT05R. if i remember right his best 60ft was a 1.71 and mine was a 1.72 and me down 50rwhp to his setup

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
About this Discussion
29 Replies
17 Participants
Zak Attack
Lightning Rodder
Join our Lightning Rodder community to discuss the supercharged Ford F150 SVT and Harley Davidson edition pickup.
Full Forum Listing