Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is everyone's preference? What are you using?

·
Slevin
1,019 Posts
Just about any dual pass one will work.
Or stack two stock ones together for slightly less performance (currently looking to do this)

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is what I was leaning towards... I believe they are around $425...?
Man, What a truck... yours that is... I see you are in Dallas. I am in the Plano area... wouldn't mind getting together sometime to see it, pick your brain.

My 02 is new to me.... I have big plans for mine. for now, I am just enjoying it.

Just sold my 02 35th Anniv SS, My fast car is an 01 C5Z ( built).

Fluidyne on mine.

·
Former Rowing Team.
04 Lightning
11,884 Posts
No heat exchanger for me. I run a killer chiller. I'm thinking about getting a dual pass in the future and by passing the KC with a valve. Summers are brutal here.

·
Tipton Co. Garbage Truck
1,538 Posts
No heat exchanger for me. I run a killer chiller. I'm thinking about getting a dual pass in the future and by passing the KC with a valve. Summers are brutal here.
im in Tennessee and had a KC for about 2 months. f that.

ill put ice in the reservoir

the KC did exactly what it was supposed to do but the a/c was non-existent and I did everything joe suggested for best a/c with the KC.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Fluidyne on mine.

·
Its just a 2v :]
647 Posts

Yup that's what I'm going to do on mine an I've seen Joe holts truck is like that if im correct

⚡⚡Turbo power for the win ??⚡⚡

·
Divergent
13,541 Posts
Due to my needs, I run a Killer Chiller & a Stock Heat Exchanger.

Its plumbed like this:
Tank > Pump > 3 way valve
..................... <- One direction goes to the Heat Exchanger
..................... -> The other direction goes to the Killer Chiller
Both sides meet a "T" fitting > intercooler > tank.

This setup allows 'One or the Other'....you never want to employ both simultaneously.
When running the Killer Chiller the fluid will always be colder than ambient...even post intercooler...so having the fluid pass through through the heat exchanger at any point will actually absorb the ambient "heat" making the system a great deal less efficient.
A block off isn't enough, the heat exchanger will absorb radiant heat and condensate, use a 3 way.

I decided to go this route instead of deleting the heat exchanger completely for 3 reasons:
-I daily drive the truck
-It gets HOT here in South Louisiana
-The traffic sucks

On days in July and August when its 100-103* and I know I'll be stuck in traffic for an hour or more, I flip the 3 way valve and the fluid only goes through the Heat Exchanger.
This allows ICE cold A/C in cab and no worries of overheating the engine by loading up the condenser so heavily and not getting enough airflow in traffic.

It really is a no compromise setup when executed properly.
I can race back to back to back with the KC on, or I can flip the valves and Idle in 100+ degree temps with the a/c wide open just like stock.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts