Lightning Rodder banner
61 - 80 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
pill return box for pharmacy company...

And final clean. . . With sharpie fine point to give a better idea of weld size...

·
Registered
56 Posts
I haven't welded since metal shop in high school, which was just with a Lincoln stick welder, but have been wanting to get a starter MIG unit for projects on the L and the Cobra. I was thinking of getting the Hobart Handler 140. I would love a Miller, but don't think I would use it enough to justify paying the price for one. My dad has always had Millers and used to tow a portable welder around building metal fencing all over North Texas and other odd jobs. Never learned much from him like I should have I guess.

·
Registered
53 Posts
This seems as good a place as any to make my first post lol.

I was working on my weave the other day and decided to make a few cigar ash trays.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I really want to get into TIG, but the shitty house I'm renting doesn't have 220 in the garage, and I can't really get a long enough extension cord to run it one from the dryer...
Main reason is to weld SS and Aluminum.... and make it look pretty.
Depends on what you're looking to weld. Most decent TIGs can pull 50A or more @ 220VAC. If you're limited to a 30A service then you can preheat and use helium to expand the capabilities if welding alum.

·
GmeOvr
990 Posts
ill get some pic's up of my tiggin. i run a maxstar 150 w/ a pedal, wish i never sold my diversion 180 as i get asked to do aluminum alot.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
This was my first time ever welding anything. Not really joining anything just practicing how to tig for the first time. This was 16 gauge 304 stainless scrap pieces i scored from a member on another forum. Ive gotten a bit better since them but I'm still practicing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Some good welders on here! I haven't welded in about 15 years or so now, but have been thinking about getting back into making things again, and now I have some inspiration for making beautiful beads, or trying to anyways :)

61 - 80 of 103 Posts