Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Latest Addition to the HOW TO Section ...

I just installed my DJM uppers and was in there messing around soooooo.....

Upper Control Arm R and R

All I gotta say is it's a damned good thing I am not a mechanic.  I would STARVE.  Doing one side
took me four hours and a trip to Sears to get a puller ...  Upper Ball Joints are notoriously hard.

Grrrr ... Gotta do the other side in the morning ....

I'm outta here ... Time for a HOT Shower !!!

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
WOO HOO, I love it
and WOW that DOES NOT look like something this fat man wants to do on his
back in my gravel driveway [smilie=eek4.gif]

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice job Cliff :smt023

Cant wait to see the final results on the Beast
Did you take any pic's ? maybe we can use it as a Tech Tip and before and after in the e-zine ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I know it is not alot of fun messing with the front end of these thing. I have a 2000 F150 4x4 with131,000 miles on it and one of the CV boots gave up the ghost. What a Nightmare! Getting ther upper control arm off of the steering knuckle was a B!ITCH to say the least. All the work was for a piece of rubber! Damn what a pain.

·
Gen2 Old Schooler
192 Posts
Cliff,

Instead of using a pitman arm puller on the upper ball joint, you can loosen the castle nut then persuade the side of the spindle surrounding the ball joint pin with a BFH.

Bob

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Speedin Bob said:
Cliff,

Instead of using a pitman arm puller on the upper ball joint, you can loosen the castle nut then persuade the side of the spindle surrounding the ball joint pin with a BFH.

Bob
I tried that Bob ... no go even with a ten pounder ... I needed to by the puller anyway ...
needed it for the race track box ... < grin >

1 - 5 of 5 Posts