Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And thanks to LR.Com and Chris's story, a Lightning vs SRT-10 shoot out is more of a reality than ever before. Way to go Chris, woo hoo

Of course I aint coming to Texas for a shoot out, so you better do SOMETHING to that slow ass L of yours if this should go any further  :LOL

I do happen to know someone with a JLP Box, a Ported Eaton with a SFPH D-U-B set up on it, 4 upper pulleys, a couple of 100 mm idler pulleys and other go fast goodies up for grabs :D That might be willing to give a brother a deal.
(2 Pulleys and the 100 mm Idler Pulleys were used less than a week BTW)

9 Seconds said:
Roktman said:
Good interview Steve. :D Looks like you represented our breed well.Very interesting article.ThankSS
Milo55 said:
It appears that Chris did his homework and put togeather a nice article on a very touchy subject for some :D  Steve your comments were right on and professional. I think a combined meet could be a real Hoot! :)
Big Asp said:
Very cool! Nice job.]
mauiSRT/10 said:
Very nice article....good job representing, Steve!!!!!!!!

patrick
9 seconds said:
Thanks for the compliments guys.  One of the reasons I brought it up here is because of the Lightning/SRT get together I mentioned.  I'm far from the best person to plan one of those (along with the Lightning guys) but would be happy to assist any volunteers.

Anyone?
Rob_02Lightning said:
Hey Guys

I'm Chris's partner from LR.Com, I want to Thank you guys for the nice reply's and also for keeping the bashing and name calling out of it.  :D
I have been a Viper Lover my entire life, came extremly close to buying a used one right before I bought the L, but the deal fell through. I have owned a RT Super Bee, GTX, Cuda, some 4WD's and other Dodge/Ply/Cry products. 

I will admit I myself have had some negative comments in the past on the front end look of your SRT-10's, but have always had nothing but good to say about the rest of it. I will also admit as time goes on the look has grown on me and my comments were a bit childest, dam peer pressure, hehehehe.
I'm sure some of you feel and spoke the same way of us

However one of the MAIN RULES on our Forum is no Bashing, and you have my word we try to keep to that "on all issues" including your SRT-10's.
The Love you have for your SRT-10's are the same as ours for the L's, and we are all just Car Crazy People with the same quest, to Whoop A$$ on the competition.

Hey wanna bash on the Cheby's  :p

I truly hope some nice friendly shoot outs can go down in time between the two of us. Thank You Steve, Thank All of You......

·
Registered
270 Posts
that was an awesome article. i dont think we should be rivals, yes if were racing at the track or something we all are going for the svt's and HD'S but i think we shoud be more of allies. since both groups own trucks we should want to make a statement that sport trucks can beat evo's, wrx's, all those expensive japanese cars even tho we weigh what 2 of them together would. i dunno just my .02

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree Bro, AMOF I joined their Forum and commended them for being so civil, and who did I meet there but our own Sonic :D
And they welcomed us with open arms, and we will the same

I think the SRT / L day at the track WILL GO DOWN THIS YEAR, I also think people will have LR + SRT-10 Forum to thank for getting things moving. Our Chris and their Steve was the door being opened IMO :smt023 :smt023

Unfortunately my guess is it'll be down in TX and out of my driving distance :sad:
but we have lots of TX Bro's that would have a great day and take plenty of Pic's and Vid's for us. We'll see if we cant talk Chris into pumping it up to 500 or 600 HP before hand too ;)

Here's the post, play nice
http://www.srt10forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1536&page=1&pp=10

·
Registered
190 Posts
Sup brother Rob… :D

I agree it would be pretty cool to have an SVT vs. SRT event but as you say Texas would be out of the question for us East coast people, or at least most of us…

Who knows maybe something will happen back this way, could be fun for everyone…

·
Registered
158 Posts
Our local club AZLOC is getting set for the second annual Lightning vs. Dakota race thru Hot Teams Racing
They put together a series that heads up race Ford, Dodge and Chevy .
They tried to find a SRT-10 to participate but could not last year. The Dak guys are great and even with a bit of poking fun at each other we enjoy their company and they have some fast trucks as well. If there are any SRT-10
racers that want to join in I will post up the site and rules (not many).
Chris and Rob great job on trying to drag our hobby out of the, my you know what is bigger and faster than yours pit.  We don't need all the B.S flung back and forth it proves nothing.
http://outrunu.com/PHPbb2/viewforum.php?f=2
John that runs this series is a great guy even if he runs a mopar, and it's all for charity and fun

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OH Man thats great to hear, AZLOC is an awesome Club, I always see great things coming out of you guys :smt023 Maybe this year some of the SRT-10's will show, there is nothing finer than some good old fashion Ford/Dodge/Chevy Competition, and I agree with the differances and attitiudes to be left at the gate. When I go racing, I am doing what I love the most in this world, and each and every person inside that facility is my friend, because each is there for the same reason, no matter if your in the stands, pits, behind the counter, etc.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Rob_02Lightning said:
I agree with the differances and attitiudes to be left at the gate. and each and every person inside that facility is my friend,

Even Gator???? hahahaha.

All joking aside. Yes we are all in this together. Its too bad Chevy didn't release the prototype Silverado SS for some more real competition. Not the the Chev SS is a bad truck, but it would have been nice if it started on a more level playing field to the L and SRT.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Chevy's SS and SS2 do not represent the SuperSport name at all. I believe Chevy should adopt the Joe Gibbs Silverado as their SS, that thing as 395 HP, it's up there in the performance truck market. The new chevy style is heavy so it doesn't run as fast as the lightning even with the stock 15 more hp it runs about a second slower. Chevy should get in on the game when Gen 3 lightnings enter the race.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Chris should be nominated for the "nobel peace prize" as we know what an accomplishment this is in the motorsport world. [smilie=laugh.gif]

·
Registered
158 Posts
racetested said:
Chris should be nominated for the "nobel peace prize" as we know what an accomplishment this is in the motorsport world.  [smilie=laugh.gif]
I second that motion :smt041

·
Registered
159 Posts
Rob_02Lightning said:
OH Man thats great to hear, AZLOC is an awesome Club, I always see great things coming out of you guys  :smt023 Maybe this year some of the SRT-10's will show, there is nothing finer than some good old fashion Ford/Dodge/Chevy Competition, and I agree with the differances and attitiudes to be left at the gate. When I go racing, I am doing what I love the most in this world, and each and every person inside that facility is my friend, because each is there for the same reason, no matter if your in the stands, pits, behind the counter, etc.
Amazing, talk about these SRT-V10's supposedely being fast, I was not impressed at all yesterday at the West Palm Beach Moroso Motorsports complex at our Anuual "Hot Rod Sunday" event, when there was indeed a Yellow SRT-V10 that only went a 14.10 ET @ 97.68 mph. Talk about a "Lead Sled", wish I had my Lightning there at the time he made his pass, as I would have Owned this guy very easily. At least there was one 2002 Lightning there that was Bone Stock that ran a 13.93 ET at !00.58 mph ........ :LOL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts