Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Paul just ran a record [email protected] mph in his full weight 4400# street Lightning last week. This will be a record that stands for a long time. :woohoo

·
Even Then I Was Old Skool!
10,411 Posts
I guess he's ironed out the missing 2nd gear shift LOL. Full weight, AC, heavy fiberglass hood, still registered and totally drive able on the street 8-second Lightning. He's gunning for 8.5's and around 165 on a good day. Told me that's all he wants out of this build. If he was at Lebanon today he might have some fun... no humidity, a lot cooler than the heat wave last week.

Congrats Paul.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This was on drag radials too.

·
Slowest Silver Lightning
2,547 Posts
Wow. With people like Paul and everyone on this forum continuing to push the limits- these trucks will continue to prosper.

Times like this makes me happy I bought a Lightning- great community

·
Yeah It's Stock
2,829 Posts
Wow, congrats!

·
Registered
8,321 Posts
4l80e

·
Administrator
18,571 Posts
Congratulations to Paul! That is incredible for a truck that heavy. I can't believe I have not been up to T.I.T.S. to see the craftsmanship.

Been a long time since we heard about a run by Casey Brown. What was his best? (and what is he up to now?)

Jim

·
Even Then I Was Old Skool!
10,411 Posts
Congratulations to Paul! That is incredible for a truck that heavy. I can't believe I have not been up to T.I.T.S. to see the craftsmanship.

Been a long time since we heard about a run by Casey Brown. What was his best? (and what is he up to now?)

Jim
Jim...

If you get the chance to come up to our neck of the woods, check out Paul's cage. Undoubtedly the nicest Lightning cage I've ever seen. Follows the contour of the A-Pillar and the side window so perfectly you almost miss it.

Don't know if you will cage TOPGUN, but if you ever do... you want it done up here. You know how anal Paul is about details LOL.

Mike

·
Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck
14,675 Posts
Paul just ran a record [email protected] mph in his full weight 4400# street Lightning last week. This will be a record that stands for a long time. :woohoo
Congrats Paul! Well deserved on such a clean badazz build and such a nice guy to boot!

I do believe that eclipses the street-driven L record previously held by Casey for many many years. Looking on NLOC E/T list, Casey's best time was 8.872 @ 151.32

I think casey needs to blow the dust off the truck and bring it up and Paul can bring his down and we can have an 8 second Gen 2 street truck shootout at Spookfest! lol

2v lightweight vs 4v heavyweight, turbo on turbo, black on black, gen 2 on gen 2, DR on DR, pretty wicked race!

·
Stock block 11 second club
10,556 Posts
Impressive feat, congrats :bigtu.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts