Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I'm not necessarily new to LR (joined the site in 2012) but this my first post soooo...hello.

Bought my '01 Lightning about 3 and a half years ago to have something fast as a daily that I could also haul my gixxer around in and immediately had the bearings in my rear diff go out. Thanks a bunch, guy who owned it before me. Anyways, that lead my straight in to the loving of arms of LR and I've been poking around on this site ever since, soaking up knowledge and reading all the how-to's, trying to figure out how to make my baby go faster, the safe way. LR is a plethora of information that's easy to find and understand so I've never needed to post any questions or give my .02...........until now I suppose. So hello to everyone.

I'm in the Navy, stationed in Ventura CA. Just transitioned here from Texas. Trying to find a good shop. I hear great things about Swanson Performance so that will be my first stop once the build starts (if such a thing ever happens...$$$)

The ride CURRENTLY is as follows: '01 L, Longtubes, catless mids, bassani catback, JLP intake, and a Custom tune from Speedtek in Fort Worth, TX that took me to 382/440. She's a pretty basic B***h....

Hope to meet some of you in the LA/Ventura area.

:rockon_ford

-Morgan

Attachments

·
I like your avatar!
667 Posts
Welcome from a fellow Navy veteran! Sweet truck man.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome man! Your truck looks SO clean!!

If you ever need anything, such as the forum discount code, feel free to shoot me a PM, and I'll be happy to help you!

In the meantime, you are more than welcome to browse our website for all of your Lightning parts, and needs!
https://lmr.com/Ford-Lightning

Thanks! I've used your site quite a bit so im sure ill be back again. If you look at one of those pics you can see the crappy lower grille insert that used to be on it. Thanks to LMR she has now been returned to stock...and you can also see what your L would look like with Nitto Mud Grapplers haha

Attachments

·
Registered
392 Posts
Welcome ! Sweet looking truck red always catches my attention , I'm in Long Beach a bit far from you but I'm always down for a cruise once the truck is back.

·
Registered
56 Posts
welcome

welcome and yer truck looks great.i live in Newport beach in orange county and travel to ventura frequently as I have extended family there.you mentioned swanson performance,uh,had my 03 cobra dyno tuned there a few years back.was gonna be $450.while they were setting it up they talked me into a new set of spark plugs.once I agreed they quickly installed them and then did the tune.car still has the same tune after all these years but the price they charged me that day was $850! I was pissed but they would not back down the price.recently I replaced plugs with some tr6ix's to find that they had installed the regular tr6's(cheap) plugs for that extra $400.i have heard similar stories from others,i would steer clear of them.i have had good luck with izzy performance in la.have fun good luck:bigtu

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
welcome and yer truck looks great.i live in Newport beach in orange county and travel to ventura frequently as I have extended family there.you mentioned swanson performance,uh,had my 03 cobra dyno tuned there a few years back.was gonna be $450.while they were setting it up they talked me into a new set of spark plugs.once I agreed they quickly installed them and then did the tune.car still has the same tune after all these years but the price they charged me that day was $850! I was pissed but they would not back down the price.recently I replaced plugs with some tr6ix's to find that they had installed the regular tr6's(cheap) plugs for that extra $400.i have heard similar stories from others,i would steer clear of them.i have had good luck with izzy performance in la.have fun good luck:bigtu

Thank you so much! You probably just saved me some time and money. Much appreciated. :cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts