Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. Questions on keyfobs. Does anyone know how I can find out what keypad I would need to get for keyless entry? My truck didn't come with a key fob but I have no clue how to tell which one to get or where. I know there r numbers on the keypad but I don't know how to tell what would work for my truck. It's an 02. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
You can get replacement Ford key fobs and program them to your truck easily - there's a procedure in the owner's manual.

Bird

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I have 3 remotes laying around. One was from an old mustang I had, and the other 2 were just 3 button universal ones I bought a long time ago. I tried the rapid on and off thing with all 3. The truck goes into program mode but none of the remotes program to the truck. I've put new batteries in all of them and tried them a hundred times. I figured the remotes just weren't compatible with the truck

·
Black Sunshine
877 Posts
They should be. I just ordered two off eBay for ten bucks shipped. You off on cycle the key eight times on the eight in on position you leave it and the doors will cycle then you have 20 seconds to hit lock button on all remotes you want tied to truck, each time you hit lock the door will lock, when done turn it off and done.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I tried both of these a few times today. No dice. The truck goes into program mode no problem. Hit the buttons on either remote and doesn't do anything. Sucks.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
The Ford PN on our key fobs is 2L3T-15K601-AA - might try to find on of those.........

Bird

·
9 second club
735 Posts
the older fob on the top will not work on our trucks. that is for trucks with a code alarm installed at the dealer. the bottom one should work as long as the buttons are not corroded. sometimes they just go bad as well. may need to invest in some new ones.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just an update so I ordered up a fob with the numbers that bird posted. Got in the truck and got it to program on the first try. Worked beautifully. Fired up the truck to drive to work, get to work and all of a sudden the damn remote doesn't work anymore. Wtf?! Between my garage when it worked great to just driving to work, the damn remote just lost communication. Now it won't reprogram. I've tried it 5 times since I've gotten to work. I guess there's a slim chance that the batteries it came with could have been on their last leg but I don't know. Freakin weird

·
9 second club
735 Posts
gem module going bad sounds like

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Awesome lol. One of my coworkers let me try the battery out of his garage door opener and it worked fine again. I have to buy a new battery today

1 - 16 of 16 Posts