Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kenne Bell … SCAM  TESTED

E-mail from seller .. Thanks for winning my auction.I will start the transaction through ebay right away ,you should recive an e-mail shortly from ebay
Please let me know   Cheers, Jason

First e-mail from e-Bay - Congratulations - You Are The Winning Buyer!

Second e-mail..I found this to be a very interesting since I never contacted them!

Thank you for contacting eBay's Customer Support team!

Per your request, we have verified all the details of this transaction. We concluded that they are accurate. Please follow our instructions to complete the transaction safely.

Transaction details: KB Lightning Ford SVT supercharger blower
Item price GBP 785.55
1. eBay accepts the transaction and offers purchase protection to the buyer (if the transaction is declined, no further action is required from either the buyer or the seller);
2. The buyer sends payment and the seller receives it. After the payment was received, the seller must notify eBay. Buyer will send the payment details directly to the seller email address. The seller has three business days to send the buyer and eBay the tracking number of the shipment. If no tracking number is provided, a full refund is immediately sent to the buyer;
3. Buyer receives the merchandise and has five days to inspect it. If it is complete and as described, the buyer should accept the merchandise. If he refuses the merchandise, the buyer must ship the merchandise back to the seller within three business days.
4. After the inspection period is over, the buyer must contact eBay with the result of the inspection. If the buyer refuses the merchandise, the refund will be sent to the buyer after the tracking number for the returned shipment is verified.

• The following item(s) are protected in this eBay transaction:
   KB Lightning Ford SVT supercharger blower  Item number: 5553207726
• Payment must be sent by MoneyGram Wire Transfer to:
• Seller's verified payment address:
Seller name: Jason Rennia
Seller address: 15 Battersea Rise, London, United Kingdom, SW11 1HG
• Amount insured:                                      GBP 785.55
• Payment must be sent by:                       Money Gram Transfer
To submit the payment with MoneyGram Money Transfer, you have 2 options:

However, MoneyGram Money Transfer is designed mainly for sending cash to friends and family in need, so telling them you are sending the money to an eBay seller will prevent your money transfer from going through.

Note .. keyword was offers purchase protection .. MoneyGrams are not covered

• Purchase protection and refund:

Currently, this seller has a US $20,000.00 deposit in an eBay managed purchase protection account.
Transactions with this eBay seller are covered by purchase protection against fraud and description errors. For your safety, this account was locked today, for 90 days time period. The seller is unable to withdraw any money from it, within this period.

OK.. Seller makes it sound like your covered by eBay protection plan .. but this is what eBay has to say about
MoenyGram payments

eBay does not recommend the use of instant cash wire transfer services. While sellers may offer this option, they cannot require you to pay this way.
· Difficult to identify and designate recipient.
· Not traceable.
· Generally, no recourse is available if the item is not delivered as promised, even if you used your credit card to send the payment.
· Not covered by the eBay Standard Purchase Protection Program

Last e-mail from e-Bay

Our records show that you were a bidder on this item. We recently removed this listing and have suspended the seller's trading privileges. Due to privacy concerns we will not be able to share further details related to this seller.
If someone claiming to be the seller asks you to complete a transaction outside of eBay, we strongly recommend that you ignore the request. Transactions for items listed on eBay that are completed outside of the eBay marketplace are not covered by the Buyer Protection services offered by eBay and can be highly indicative of fraud.
If you have not sent payment to the seller, we urge you to not proceed with the transaction.
Customer Support (Trust and Safety Department)  eBay Inc

After numerous complaints ..  Finally e-bay took action on this seller.. But I’m sure he will show up again some where .. maybe selling a Turbo for a Toyota?

Hope we can put this SCAM to rest ..

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
Yes that is an old AND ON GOING SCAM
They are aware of this one and promised to not run the ad anymore ???
I have been burnt by E-Bay myself, they really need to get their act together,
the seller bids against you, you win an auction get e-mail saying that, and then a minute later you check and someone else is listed as the winner (ya the frucking seller because he didn't get his price) There are A LOT of problems on E-Bay that need immediate fixing

BTW

Rule #1, never ever ever buy or send money outside the US
NO ONE CAN HELP YOU, and 99.9% of the time, IT IS A SCAM

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.