Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recently purchased a 3.2 Kenne bell with the JLP powerflow set up and could not find much info for the install. In particular pertaining to the wiper blades. We were told that all you have to do is "massage" the fire wall but you can't just do that. The wiper arms WILL hit the powerflow plenum no matter what. I can't imagine any truck that will clear it honestly. However we found a way to keep the wiper blades that I'm not sure has been done before. If it has then I sure we would have found it lol. So if you go down this route the first thing you want to do is remove the plastic cowling by hood/windshield. This will allow you to access you wiper arm assembly easily. You will see that it is held on by 3 bolts. What we did is unbolt the assembly and then move the entire assembly closer to the windshield to gain clearance. Only downfall is you must fasten with sheetmetal screws unless you drill new holes and use the proper nut. The screws are much easier and faster. You will need to clearance the aluminum assembly with a grinder on the passenger side because when you slide it forward it will make contact with the sheetmetal. It is hard to explain but will be obvious when you get to it. After that the only thing you will have to do is clearance the plastic cowling around the splined shafts of the wiper arms as they now sit in a more forward position. a dremel or small hole saw will do it quickly. We have not been caught in any rain yet but did take through a car wash and they work great. I wish I would have taken pictures but I hope some of this info is helpful to the next person. No cutting of firewall is necessary. Just remove wiper assembly, hammer fire wall to give enough clearance for blower, and reinstall wiper assembly in a more forward position toward the windshield. May save someone a headache.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I am dealing with this now. I have a KB 2.8 but putting a 3.2 midplate on to move it back to stock position and dealing with wiper clearance. My firewall is cut already so going to box it in but like to keep the wipers. Going to see about using this method or something similar to keep them.

Thanks for sharing

1 - 2 of 2 Posts