Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
RP-SPEED.COM
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're in the beginning stages of this build and it will be an ongoing project until completion starting with the complete engine assembly then moving onto the turbo kit and fuel system a few months down the line.

Keith has been an awesome RP customer for over a year now and the first time we met his 1991 Coupe she had been to 7 different shops in South Florida and despite thousands of dollars spent still had the same issues he presented it with to the very first shop. Rough running, cutting out, no power, and hard starting. Keith was hesitant to leave her with us, but on a recommendation from another good customer he did and we were thrilled to return to the car to him at a very reasonable expense in tip top shape and running like a champ! So when it came time to start the "real" build he gave us a call! We've already had the pleasure of building a complete 31 spline rear end assembly for him along with UPR upper and lower control arms and now we're moving on to the big stuff.

Plan for the build is...

RP Racing Engine's 347Ci Longblock
Dart Sportsman Block
Eagle Forged H-Beam Connecting Rods
Custom CP Pistons approx 9.3:1 Compression
Revolution Performance in house ported Edelbrock Victor Jr Cylinder Heads
Custom Hydraulic Roller Camshaft
RP Eliminator Custom Twin Turbo Kit
Complete Fuel System
UPR K-Member kit
and a host of other odds and ends...

Up first the RP Racing Engine's 347Ci Longblock...

Dart Sportsman Block Fresh from the Machine shop ready for assembly...

RP Spec Custom CP Pistons approx 9.3:1 Compression...

Stay Tuned... Much more to come!

·
Florida>Texas
10,629 Posts
gonna be a nice build

·
RP-SPEED.COM
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats what we're hoping for... Just gotta keep Keith on track as he has a tendancy to hoard parts and slow things down... LOL! He's had the block and rotating assembly sans CP Pistons for 5 years and we are just now getting her ready to go. The JE Piston's he originally bought were a little to high compression for a turbo car so we were able to cut a good deal and swap them out for a custom set of CPs with my Machinist as he had an engine in the shop the JEs were perfect for... Worked out for all involved!

·
RP-SPEED.COM
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Honestly its what he purchased prior to even knowing I existed... LOL! Had I been involved with the original purchase it would have been a 363-370Ci, however she'll make serious power either way.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Honestly its what he purchased prior to even knowing I existed... LOL! Had I been involved with the original purchase it would have been a 363-370Ci, however she'll make serious power either way.
o ok...thought maybe there was something there that i missed, I'm new to the turbo scene so I'm learning as i go...im also looking to get into the 1k mark with 93 octane on the street...Im looking to go 363 or 377 8.2 deck with twin 76's.. Im a bit set back since i just purchased a motorcycle but i wanna see if i can get it done by the end of the year.

·
RP-SPEED.COM
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good luck! It'll happen with patience and of course that green stuff. With the turbo technology we have today it's really not necessary for you to run 76mm units I'd stick with a set of billet wheel 60-64s at most the turbos we'll be using on Keith's car have made 800whp each in single applications so we should have no problem both spooling them and making the 1K mark with reasonably low boost.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts