Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am currently running a kb 2.3 just wondering how drivability will be With a KB 2.6? Or should I go bigger then KB 2.6? I only go to the track 2-3 times a year so more cruising. I have a JLP short block,R heads,stage 2 cams, full comp R exhaust, dual walbro 255's, 60lb injectors,Etc. What kind of power do you think I will make on 93 octane also?

·
Mr. Crossfire
16,162 Posts
KB 2.6 will be plenty and drive ability will be fine with the proper tune.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
I have the 2.6 with even more upgraded goodies and it is fine for the street so your setup will be fine. I have driven 2 1/2 hours each way to JLP in one day several times with no problems. Good tune/ A/F ratio and watch your gauges is a must. If you live in a colder climate, watch your boost and get a different pully and winter tune if necessary.

I checked my dyno sheets when I had just about your same setup, you should make about 550 to the wheels. Trust me you will smoke most anyone on the street. When they ask you "what you got in that thing" tell them 3 bags of concrete and 20 2x4's :smt023

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Drivability is a little different with the "high vacuum actuator" on a 2.6 compared to your 2.3. At light throttle the 2.6 will actually feel weaker than you 2.3 but just a slight crack of the loud pedal and when the actuator closes the 2.6, especially with the powerflow setup, becomes a monster.

I would bet on around 600+ RWHP on 93 octane.

·
Fat Bastad
2,756 Posts
Made 583/615 at the wheels with stage 1 Comp cams. Drove really nice and was a freakin animal once you punched it. Damn near any slower than 40 mph and tires will break loose the second you punch it.:rockon_ford

Roach

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Yes and YES!

From what I have seen with my truck compared to a couple local Whipple trucks I think out of the box a 2.6 KB is really close in performance to a 2.3 Whipple. Add the Powerflow setup and they are no longer close in performance, the KB really starts to shine in the upper RPM.

·
Farm Truck Owner
58,414 Posts
Drivability is a little different with the "high vacuum actuator" on a 2.6 compared to your 2.3. At light throttle the 2.6 will actually feel weaker than you 2.3 but just a slight crack of the loud pedal and when the actuator closes the 2.6, especially with the powerflow setup, becomes a monster.

doin that on my 2.3, whenever I get the opportunity to go 2.6 n a Mammoth I figure mid 6's on 93:cheers

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Fat Bastad
2,756 Posts

All though this is in fact true probably 90% of the time remember that KB initially released the 2.6 with the Low vacuum actuator before switching them over to the high vacuum actuator. I know this to be true because I have a 2.6 on my truck and the old original low vacuum actuator had to be changed out for the newer version (Low vacuum actuator) since my truck is equipt with aftermarket cams in order to keep the SC from overheating.

Roach

·
Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck
14,683 Posts
JLP POWERFLOW!!!!

I gained right around 70-80 rwhp/rwtq from the powerflow setup! downright incredible!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Mee too, went from 618/662 to 697/734 with the same pullies & timing but now I have two more pounds of boost. Going to spin the KB a little faster next time on the rollers.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.