Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Stock block 11 second club
10,562 Posts

· Farm Truck
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome back to the community, post your story in the "Repeat Offenders" thread.

First thing first... reposition the Texas flag, when hanging on a wall the Texas flag should be displayed vertically with the field of white on the left and the field of red on the right.

http://texasalmanac.com/topics/flags-symbols/flag-code
Already posted in the repeat offenders thread.

Also, "When the flag is displayed against a wall, the blue field should be at the flag's own right (observer's left)." Technically it shouldn't be displayed for decorative purposes only, but I'm stationed in NC so I doubt they want me flying both off the front of the house.

It's a very mild truck. JDM tune with 6lb lower, Accufab SBTB, JDM "intake". I'm adding long tubes, wideband and and getting it retuned by Randy (Dolsvt00).

· Stock block 11 second club
10,562 Posts
I stand corrected (somewhat)... there is more to the exert you quoted. In its entirety it reads:

When the flag is displayed against a wall, the blue field should be at the flag's own right (observer's left).

When the flag is displayed vertically, the blue stripe should be uppermost and the white stripe should be to the state flag's right (observer's left).
Apparently Texas flag etiquette has been revised since 2006, at that time it was only to hand vertically.

At any rate, welcome back and thanks for posting in the Reapeat Offenders thread :smt023. It amazing how many of us come back for seconds, thirds, fourths, and even fifths with these trucks.

· Farm Truck
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I stand corrected (somewhat)... there is more to the exert you quoted. In its entirety it reads:

Apparently Texas flag etiquette has been revised since 2006, at that time it was only to hand vertically.

At any rate, welcome back and thanks for posting in the Reapeat Offenders thread :smt023. It amazing how many of us come back for seconds, thirds, fourths, and even fifths with these trucks.
Thanks for the welcome back! I have spent over $2k on the truck already and I only got it home today. I'll update with pictures of the big ticket item, but most here will not like it. I mentioned it in the repeat offenders though.

This truck has 120k on it and looks like 20k. It's much much nicer than the one we had previously. I always wanted a low mileage DSG, but this was too good to pass up.

· Registered
76 Posts
Hey man nothing wrong with silver. I've had six gen two's. I keep coming back also.

· Farm Truck
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No pictures today (I know I suck), but I was able to swap out the headunit for a newer one, do an oil change, swap a couple bulbs and top off fluids! Felt like I accomplished something today after standing in line at the DMV for about an hour!

Sidenote, I'll probably have the headunit I took out for sale soon. Also, probably the Autometer Air/Fuel Guage that was in it. Headunit is a slightly older Kenwood touchscreen. I prefer the single Din personally.

· Premium Member
4,924 Posts

Farm truck, complete. Also installed a Bedrug. It matches the headliner on the camper perfectly. It's pretty classy...

My dogs should love it.
You know brother, I used to be the purist that would say to take the camper shell off... But for the sake of being functional and not tearing up the cab with your pups, I commend you. :bigtu

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.