Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for a set of 97-98 5.4 L Triton fuel rails w/the removeable fuel pressure regulator and after a long wait I finally found a set at a good deal!

I am starting to collect parts here and there for the next LR project truck build up :D [smilie=fingersx.gif]

BTW, much congrats to ROB and the LR low budget beast, because of him and of the great progress the low budget beast has displayed this has kept me motivated in wanting to do my future project... We need some 10 second (maybe 9 second  [smilie=fingersx.gif] ) L's in ol' San Antonio!

Anyway here are the pics... (sorry for the quality... the gent that sent them over just took quick snap shots of them for me... I should have these guys in sometime next week!!! Time for an Accufab FP regulator or maybe an Aeromotive FP regulator :D )

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
SCORE :smt023 :smt023

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyone with a recommendation for an adjustable fuel pressue regulator... I have always been partial to the Accufab and Aeromotive fuel pressure regulators...

Any advice is greatly appreciated :)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Chris why didn't you go with an aftermarket line?

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bill Jordan said:
Chris why didn't you go with an aftermarket line?
Bill, there are several reasons why I chose this rail setup, one being the cost factor :D , the second reason is that our fuel rails can handle quite a bit before needing to upgrade to a more efficient rail setup. A lot of the JDM 10 second beasts run these type of rails if not the stock setup.

I also chose these rails because of the option to mount on an adjustable fuel pressure regulator which our stock rails do not offer :sad: . I figure once I start upping the power on el Lightning and eventually add the bottle along with a slew of other mods I believe being able to adjust the fuel pressure will add to a more precise tune.

I got these rails at a good deal compared to buying them brand new. In the wayyyyyyy future though when these rails become inefficient I will step up to a custom rail setup.

This part is going into the parts bin in preparation for the next project truck e-zine writeup of LR dubbed "..."  (well I don't have a title yet, I will get Rob to smoke some wacky weed so his artistic side can flare out and give me a title :LOL )

-Chris

·
Registered
228 Posts
Next time I'm at the hillbilly autozone "junkyard" I'll have to find one willing to part with it.........

·
Registered
159 Posts
Chris said:
Anyone with a recommendation for an adjustable fuel pressue regulator... I have always been partial to the Accufab and Aeromotive fuel pressure regulators...

Any advice is greatly appreciated :)
Chris, I do not understand why you would want to change everything over, when indeed the 01 Lightning I sponsor through SFPH has one of my Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulators installed on it running consistent 12.50's. Save your money and buy the good stuff from SFPH...... :D

Check it out here:

http://www.southfloridapulleyhq.com/SFPH/lightning/lightning_products_fuel_system.htm

·
Registered
734 Posts
So your fuel regulator mounts in the stock fuel rail?

Will it help me at 20 to 26 lb of boost?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Why wouldn't it? I have some other people seeing 20 to 30 lbs. of boost on the GM Supercharged vehicles, using the same Regulator setup running into the 10's. I have these installed onto several Lightning's all across the country with these vehicles, not only running into the 11's, but also low 10's. Most stock regulators go static at less than 60 lbs. psi of fuel pressure, these will not go static , closer to 90 lbs psi. or better.

Also, yes to mounting this Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator into the stock Fuel Rail Housing, as all you have to do is remove the C-clip from the regulator housing and replace it with mine. Hope this helps.   

·
Registered
734 Posts
SFPH said:
Why wouldn't it? I have some other people seeing 20 to 30 lbs. of boost on the GM Supercharged vehicles, using the same Regulator setup running into the 10's. I have these installed onto several Lightning's all across the country with these vehicles, not only running into the 11's, but also low 10's. Most stock regulators go static at less than 60 lbs. psi of fuel pressure, these will not go static , closer to 90 lbs psi. or better.

Also, yes to mounting this Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator into the stock Fuel Rail Housing, as all you have to do is remove the C-clip from the regulator housing and replace it with mine. Hope this helps.   
[/quote

Thanks for the info I must have hit the wrong question key? [smilie=eek4.gif]

I just wanted to know cuz I didn't want to spend a small fortune for fuel rails and am very interested in your product.

Suavy

·
Registered
159 Posts
Suavy said:
SFPH said:

[/quote

Thanks for the info I must have hit the wrong question key?  [smilie=eek4.gif]

I just wanted to know cuz I didn't want to spend a small fortune for fuel rails and am very interested in your product.

Suavy
Suavy, you would like this setup, as our customers do , that have bought these from us. Let me know if you want one, as we always keep these in stock, ready to ship.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Terry, I very much want one! I may have to sell my first born to pay for it but we'll get her done!

I like most of us have used juniors colleg fund, the nest egg, and grandma's cookie jar money to finance this years endevors! :D

·
Registered
159 Posts
Suavy said:
Terry, I very much want one! I may have to sell my first born to pay for it but we'll get her done!

I like most of us have used juniors colleg fund, the nest egg, and grandma's cookie jar money to finance this years endevors!  :D
Suavy, no problem I understand. Also just answered your Email....... :D

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
Since I had to give up my SFPH Upper and Lower for my new set up
I think you should GIVE ME ONE TERRY :D
I miss wearing your colors :sad:

I've been wearing your colors since my L was a few weeks old,
You do want me to STILL wear them, dont you ??? :LOL

1 - 14 of 14 Posts