Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was a pretty easy, straight forward install... Took me about 25 minutes, which included putting it up on jackstands, haha. I painted the white shock black to make it blend a bit better. I took it around the block and it seriously feels a lot tighter and more stable. Like all of the other threads ive seen, after about 5 minutes of driving, you dont even notice its there. I drove the truck over the same train tracks that usually makes the truck have major bump steer... and it drove really nice, stable, and straight. Just gotta say, this is a must have for our trucks, especially if you're lowered.

Next, to put on the QA1's i just bought!

·
7th Fetzer valve, yeah...
2,143 Posts
I will never not have one! Wait until you get up to 80-100, it feels a lot more stable!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I cant wait to really get out there and drive it.. waiting to install the JLP rear shackles to level the truck, and put the QA1's in.. it should stiffen everything up nicely and make it handle tonnns better.

·
Bracket maker
3,982 Posts
I've had mine for about 4 years and it was a very nice improvement. The only thing I found was that the bracket that mounts to the frame bent after some hard driving. Out came the welder.

·
Big Dck Playa
1,293 Posts
bump stabilizer kit? did you take pictures?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bump stabilizer kit? did you take pictures?
Didnt get pics.. ill try to snap a picture tomorrow when its daylights. Its a pretty simple design, one side bolts to supplied brackets which sandwich the passenger side frame rail, and the other side is bolted to a bracket which attaches to the steering arm. Its essentially just a simple shock for the steering... ive had them on my other lifted trucks in the past, never thought to put one on a lowered truck, but it works!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats my nxt mod on my list. by the way did you get the tail lights already?
Yep, installed those tonight too! (Much better than the previous owner's stock 02 lights with black panty hose over them!) Put some plastix polish on them, they cleaned up fairly well. Im happy with them! Thanks!

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,542 Posts
it's on my consideration list anyway, and everyone who has one seems to love 'em

:worthless

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
I hate seeing that pic on that avatar.

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
U dnt live that far from me if ur in palmetto bay, was that ur truck?

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
I I've had mine for about 4 years and it was a very nice improvement. The only thing I found was that the bracket that mounts to the frame bent after some hard driving. Out came the welder.
Was this the Rough County kit? Never did like the hardware that comes with it, might be getting the Fab Tech version soon and selling my new Rough County kit.

·
SOLD...
5,244 Posts
If i wasnt such a weight loss junkie, i would get one of these. I drove a truck with one installed and it does make a nice difference. Not sure how this would feel without sways bars and drag springs up front anyway.

·
Bracket maker
3,982 Posts
yeah, the weight part sucks a little bit, but with a lowered truck it was a nice improvement. I really wish someone made a nice rack kit that was rated for a ful size truck. I know JJ had something for a while, but that died off.

My 2010 F150 feels so smooth with the R&P installed in it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts