Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could we possibly rename this to Lightning tuning or something of the nature? I'm currently using Chipmaster Revolution, and I know there are some Sniper guys too. Just a thought, either way, i'd be more than happy to help with the Chipmaster guys :)

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hey Ryan,

Alway good to have another source for technical help. :smt023

How different are the systems, user parameters and unit and methods of changes and interfaces when you compare among the available options? (No sarcasm - I really don't know)

Obviously, there will be direct corollaries in tuning changes, regard of the software used to make the changes (O2 pulse delay changes for LTs for instance), but the manner in which you make the change may be different among the various software. If there are significant enough differences (and thing that work in one and lead people astray in others), there may be a call for multiple, specific forums.

In general though, I have always found that the envelope of understanding any subject is expanded with the injection of new and different ideas. If you want to be sure you understand a system or process - try explaining it to someone else - that really shows you what you know and what you don't! Combining the tuning software together can have the positive effect of breaking through the "we've always done it this way" scenarios. I just don't fully know if there will be confusion, if the systems are different enough.

Lets get the juices flowing here and post up some points and counter points.

Herb

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well CMR is a little bit different in a few regards. I feel the layout is much much more user freindly than SCT. The fuel tables in CMR are all actually in A/F rather than .82 lambda etc. In that scenario, it's easier to set fuel tables. CMR doesn't have all the wierd base_open_loop underscore seperated words. I feel it's easier to read. I can open up more than one table at once. I usually open MBT Spark Advance, Borderline Detonation Spark Advance, and Base Spark Advance for example. I can open those three tables at the same time and make changes. Those are some of the differences, not really much other than layout, but even that, the two platforms look suprisingly similar.

I've got basically all of the changes you guys have. MAF functions, slopes, tables, functions, scalars... The tuning is basically the same thing. [smilie=popcorn.gif]

·
Registered
207 Posts
Cool,

Thanks for the info Ryan!

I haven't bought the SCT package yet, as I keep chaning my combo during the build. That and I'm waiting for teh Xcal2 to finally come out for the datalogging capability.

Herb

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Ryan Allen said:
Could we possibly rename this to Lightning tuning or something of the nature? I'm currently using Chipmaster Revolution, and I know there are some Sniper guys too. Just a thought, either way, i'd be more than happy to help with the Chipmaster guys :)
Ryan, "The Chips and Tuning Devices" section  is the "parent" board for general discussion of the various chip and tuning devices out there for our trucks, now Herb and KB Zilla made the request for the "SCT Pro Racer Users Forum" which is a "child board or sub board" of "The Chips and Tuning Devices" parent board.

If you want something for the Diablosport Chipmaster Revolution users or ANY other chip/tuning device I can do that for ya! Let me know! We can create a section just like this one!
-Chris

1 - 9 of 9 Posts