Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would anyone be interested in a group buy on my midplates?

I was just able to lower pricing on full kit from 1266 to 1070.

If I can get 5 people interested (half up front remaining due upon shipment)
Price will be $50 off so $1020 plus 15 shipping on a complete kit.

If we hit 10 people, discount will be $100, so $970 plus 15 shipping on a complete kit.

If we hit 15 people discount is $150 off per kit so $920 plus $15 shipping.

Please post up or pm with interest.

Any kit the tb spacer can be subed out for the 170mm tb spacer instead.

·
Divergent
13,541 Posts
I will be watching this very closely. If the numbers grow, ill be grabbing a 2nd plate for a future project.

For anyone curious...these things are a real work of art.

Benefits:
Any gt500 blower bolts to the top, bottom bolts to lightning lower intake. No adapters.
(M122, rear fed not top fed, more efficient. Also makes way more tq than a L eaton/mp could dream of....2.3 tvs, dont even get me started. :cool:)

Ramped area for blower discharge so there is no boost backing up into the blower causing high iat2's and a wall in 3rd gear (like 3.4 whipple midplate or the adapter plate before replacement midplate was invented)

Raises the intercooler 3/4" to make the direction change of air exiting the intercooler headed to intake runners less restrictive.

Lastly, this plate, plus 170mm throttle body and a used m122 is significantly cheaper than a 2.3 whipple and will run comparable times. More tq less hp.
I make 20psi at 5500rpms in 100* heat with only a 6lb lower, (stock heads/cams) full 3" exhaust, built bottom.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will be watching this very closely. If the numbers grow, ill be grabbing a 2nd plate for a future project.

For anyone curious...these things are a real work of art.

Benefits:
Any gt500 blower bolts to the top, bottom bolts to lightning lower intake. No adapters.
(M122, rear fed not top fed, more efficient. Also makes way more tq than a L eaton/mp could dream of....2.3 tvs, dont even get me started. :cool:)

Ramped area for blower discharge so there is no boost backing up into the blower causing high iat2's and a wall in 3rd gear (like 3.4 whipple midplate or the adapter plate before replacement midplate was invented)

Raises the intercooler 3/4" to make the direction change of air exiting the intercooler headed to intake runners less restrictive.

Lastly, this plate, plus 170mm throttle body and a used m122 is significantly cheaper than a 2.3 whipple and will run comparable times. More tq less hp.
I make 20psi at 5500rpms in 100* heat with only a 6lb lower, (stock heads/cams) full 3" exhaust, built bottom.
Thanks for the kind words (and pic!)

·
Premium Member
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Premium Member
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Replied.

I want to reiterate thay this pricing is specific to right now because I no longer have any stock intercooler midplates left.

I have to order more and the machine shop has been nice enough to offer a 2nd price break if I order more than the 10 I normally order.

Please don't take this that I have the ability to sell it at the 15 person price all the time. This is not a "me taking money off what I sell them at, because I have the price way over my cost" I would only be able to do this if I order that many because the machine shop is willing to lower price if that many are ordered at a time.

I just don't want people to think I am gouging people on price. All previous batches cost me considerably more th an this order could potentially cost.

I WANT to sell them at well under the cheapest it could be if 15 people order, all the time. But my cost on these is too high.

Trust me when I say I'd love nothing more than to sell these cheaper than the tps kit, but there is 2x the material, higher hardware costs, and my upfront cost for the prototype was higher than anyone has paid for a single kit.

I hope everyone can understand

·
Divergent
13,541 Posts
Guys n Gals, if you are worried about price, look around. They were a bargain at full price. If we hit the 10 buy pricing it's a STEAL.

Do you see the market flooded with gt500/lightning midplates?
No, because the L platform is just about dead, except for entrepreneurs and engineers making products like this that keep the platform on life support.

All modding is expensive, ya know?

·
Registered
520 Posts
Will a Eaton/mp fit while later getting a gt500 blower?

·
Divergent
13,541 Posts
No...but those both fit the current lightning midplate.

If a gt500 blower is your end goal, buy this on the group buy and shelf it until you buy a gt500 blower.

·
Premium Member
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
SVTdriver is correct a lightning eaton or mp will not work with this.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I'm in once it hits close to 10 plus....

Questions.....

1. Will the Painless caged lower pulley unit with this setup?

2. Will the changeable lower Eaton type pulleys work with this setup?

3. Will the MP bridge unit and Metco 90's work with this setup?

·
Dude
2,363 Posts
I believe this moves the blower to line up with stock so answer to all 3 questions is "Yes".

·
Premium Member
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Killer ride is correct all will work

·
Premium Member
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I currently have about 4 people "on board" but no deposits.

So we are already 1 away from the first tier

1 - 20 of 123 Posts