Lightning Rodder banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Well I'm looking for a job guys in anything really my last job was in louisiana as an insulator I have the osha card!I'm a country boy haha I know how to work on the farm,use a forklift,manlift,skid,backhoe,use microsoft office,word,excel,everything I have a cdl lisence!!basically everything!!plz help thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I forgot to mention I know how to use a plasma cutter,torch,and weld,not cert just years of experience!!I also used to work at heb in the camera room so I know how to work cameras!!I'm also goin to school for criminal justice!!

·
10 Second Club!!!
5,573 Posts
Guys and gals maybe i can help some. I work at CSX Railroad and we are hireing non stop. Go to www.csx.com and there is a link that says view and apply for jobs. we have office jobs, shop jobs and mostly outdoors. They update the job list about once a week. it tells you what is required and what the location is. Maybe this will help someone.

·
Registered
539 Posts
My wife is an accountant needing a job, we live in Arkansas but would be willing to relocate if anyone knows anything please let me know. thanks

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
Guys and gals maybe i can help some. I work at CSX Railroad and we are hireing non stop. Go to www.csx.com and there is a link that says view and apply for jobs. we have office jobs, shop jobs and mostly outdoors. They update the job list about once a week. it tells you what is required and what the location is. Maybe this will help someone.
I will like to try this... If I can find something in Florida:bigtu

·
SOLD...
5,244 Posts
The company I work (Miele USA) for is currently hiring for a few positions in NJ/PA/NY area. Ive been with the company for 10 years and its been great to me. PM me if your interested in an interview or just have some general questions. There are jobs located all over the US, just check. This is a German Appliance company with all manufacturing in germany. The sales and service for the US are handled here. I was a phone tech for 4 years, a technical trainer for 5 years and currently in an engineering position.

The NJ/PA/NY jobs are Field tech positions and the NJ jobs are Admin and Phone tech support. If you have techncial skills, than the field or phones is for you. I have trained a majority of the field and phone staff, so I know what they look for.

Here is a link to the site...

http://www.mieleusa.com/usa/careers/careers.asp?page=1

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
Hey guys I work for ATS which is a maintenance contractor. They are hiring a few guys for Searcy Arkansas and Shawnee Ok. They have lots of plants that they are in. Usually Catepillar Eaton Honeywell and Washington Demil. and many more. If you do look at a job just tell them I referred you. Rodney Wade Eaton Corp. in Searcy Ar.

here is a link to a search for ATS
http://ats.taleo.net/careersection/1/jobsearch.ftl;jsessionid=BDD776BA76A216A1E4FBC7E75623F2B0.JB_167193_167199?lang=en

If you want more info just pm me or txt me 479-886-1735

·
Registered
12 Posts
Engineering positions, Garland TX.

We've got a few jobs avail where I work & they pay pretty descent. They've been having a hard time finding qualified applicants, so if you are interested, & qualified, you may have some room to negotiate extra benefits/pay.
The jobs avail are:
Systems Applications Engineer
Electrical Applications Engineer
Opto-Mechanical Engineer
Software Applications Engineer

The company is located in Dallas/Garland TX. I think that they are primarily looking for someone local, but from what I understand, if you are qualified, relocation could be negotiated into the deal.

I'll post the detailed job descriptions below.

Let me know if you are interested.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Software Application Engineer

[FONT=&quot]Summary of Responsibilities:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Software Application Engineer will be responsible for technically presenting product capability to Infrared Products (IR) customers and being the technical focal point and subject matter expert for IR Software Application solutions, as well as supporting broader IR market penetration by assisting customers during design phase to integrate IR products into customer systems. Will also represent customer feedback/market requirements during IRP development cycles for enhanced system efficiencies.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1. Support capture of new business through significant interface with OEM customers to enhance IRP market penetration[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- Present technical advantages of IRP products relative to our competition and perform preliminary studies and assessments of our cores in OEM products, to include performance modeling and relevant trade studies with and for the customer[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- Understand customer requirements and translate to product applications that will utilize IRP products in custom cameras and systems[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- Provide direct interface with customers for the efficient integration of IRP infrared cores into higher level cameras and systems during the preliminary and detail design phases at the OEM customer[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-.Direct support of customers during qualification and resolve any field-revealed-deficiencies[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2. Gain thorough understanding of OEM customer challenges to provide timely and relevant input to the ongoing enhancement of current products and development of derivative and new products at IRP.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- Collect relevant information regarding technical enhancements that may expand market acceptance of IRP products[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- Support IRP trade studies for evaluation of enhancements to existing products based on various customer inputs[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- Provide customers' technical perspective for IRAD programs to improve market penetration of derivative and new programs at IRP[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- Identify any changes either to the IRP core or the customer's product that may enhance performance and / or reduce cost and / or enhance reliability[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- Hold the development team at IRP accountable to meeting the requirements established to meet customer needs [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Basic Requirements:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thorough understanding of uncooled infrared technology to include detector, electronics, performance, and integration into higher level cameras and systems. Requires 6-8 years of clearly relevant experience with development and/or integration of uncooled infrared cores into higher level cameras and systems. Demonstrated success as a project engineer for such an integration and/or the development of uncooled infrared camera cores that were successfully integrated into high volume production programs.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Extensive interface with external customers to include technical presentations, market requirement gathering, direct involvement in RFP and RFI responses, program reviews, presentation of capabilities of uncooled infrared products and negotiation of specifications. Demonstrable understanding of infrared systems performance and all factors that affect that performance. Complete understanding of infrared modeling techniques, NVThermIP in particular. Demonstrated ability to identify, and then execute, appropriate trade studies during design phase.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Education Requirements:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]BS Degree in an engineering discipline[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Security Clearance Requirements:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Not required for this position[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Relocation: [/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Available[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Citizenship:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Requires US citizenship[/FONT]

·
Registered
12 Posts
Systems Application Engineer

[FONT=&quot]The Systems Application Engineer will be responsible for technically presenting product capability to Infrared Products (IR) customers and being the technical focal point and subject matter expert for IR Systems Application solutions, as well as supporting broader IR market penetration by assisting customers during design phase to integrate IR products into customer systems. Will also represent customer feedback/market requirements during IRP development cycles for enhanced system efficiencies.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1. Support capture of new business through significant interface with OEM customers to enhance IRP market penetration[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- Present technical advantages of IRP products relative to our competition and perform preliminary studies and assessments of our cores in OEM products, to include performance modeling and relevant trade studies with and for the customer[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- Understand customer requirements and translate to product applications that will utilize IRP products in custom cameras and systems[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- Provide direct interface with customers for the efficient integration of IRP infrared cores into higher level cameras and systems during the preliminary and detail design phases at the OEM customer[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-.Direct support of customers during qualification and resolve any field-revealed-deficiencies[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2. Gain thorough understanding of OEM customer challenges to provide timely and relevant input to the ongoing enhancement of current products and development of derivative and new products at IRP.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- Collect relevant information regarding technical enhancements that may expand market acceptance of IRP products[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- Support IRP trade studies for evaluation of enhancements to existing products based on various customer inputs[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- Provide customers' technical perspective for IRAD programs to improve market penetration of derivative and new programs at IRP[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- Identify any changes either to the IRP core or the customer's product that may enhance performance and / or reduce cost and / or enhance reliability[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- Hold the development team at IRP accountable to meeting the requirements established to meet customer needs [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thorough understanding of uncooled infrared technology to include detector, electronics, performance, and integration into higher level cameras and systems. Ten (10) years of clearly relevant experience with development and/or integration of uncooled infrared cores into higher level cameras and systems. Demonstrated success as a project engineer for such an integration and/or the development of uncooled infrared camera cores that were successfully integrated into high volume production programs.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Extensive interface with external customers to include technical presentations, market requirement gathering, direct involvement in RFP and RFI responses, program reviews, presentation of capabilities of uncooled infrared products and negotiation of specifications. Demonstrable understanding of infrared systems performance and all factors that affect that performance. Complete understanding of infrared modeling techniques, NVThermIP in particular. Demonstrated ability to identify, and then execute, appropriate trade studies during design phase.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Security Clearance Requirements:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

·
Registered
12 Posts
Electrical Application Engineer

[FONT=&quot]The Electrical Application Engineer will be responsible for technically presenting product capability to Infrared Products (IR) customers and being the technical focal point and subject matter expert for IR Electrical Application solutions, as well as supporting broader IR market penetration by assisting customers during design phase to integrate IR products into customer systems. Will also represent customer feedback/market requirements during IRP development cycles for enhanced system efficiencies.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thorough understanding of uncooled infrared technology to include detector, electronics, performance, and integration into higher level cameras and systems. Requires 6-8 years of clearly relevant experience with development and/or integration of uncooled infrared cores into higher level cameras and systems. Demonstrated success as a project engineer for such an integration and/or the development of uncooled infrared camera cores that were successfully integrated into high volume production programs.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

·
Registered
12 Posts
Opto-Mechanical Application Engineer

[FONT=&quot]The Opto-Mechanical Application Engineer will be responsible for technically presenting product capability to Infrared Products (IR) customers and being the technical focal point and subject matter expert for IR Opto-Mechanical Application solutions, as well as supporting broader IR market penetration by assisting customers during design phase to integrate IR products into customer systems. Will also represent customer feedback/market requirements during IRP development cycles for enhanced system efficiencies.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Requires US citizenship[/FONT]​

·
Got BOOST?
1,204 Posts
Sent in multiple Applications only heard back for a conductor position, but wasn't able to go in for interview. Thank God last month in Afghanistan.

·
And the MP goes WHEEEEEEE!
939 Posts
My company, Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, is hiring like crazy. Last I checked, we have over 300 openings between the Tarrytown, NY and Rensselaer, NY facilities. We're obviously science-heavy, but there are some facilties and manufacturing positions available.

Check out all the openings...http://careers.regeneron.com/

I can speak to my department's vacancies. I'm basically doing two jobs right now, one of which is basically as the admin for my department director. So if you see something that catches your eye, I can put your CV on her desk and make her read it.

I work in Quality Assurance & Auditing.
We're looking for:

2 GCP Auditors
1 IT Auditor
3 Associate Director positions, with oversight of GLP, GMP, GCP, IT or any combination of the bunch. THe GMP position would be located at the Rensselaer facility, the remainder are at the Tarrytown, NY headquarters.

Relocation would be covered for these positions, and the company is aggressively pursuing qualified candidates. We had 3 drugs released to the market last year, and we have a very robust pipeline. Stock was up around $280/share today, and options are often used as signing incentives. The company was rated the #1 Biopharmaceuticals employer in the world last year, and it's likely to continue going forward.

Work hard, play hard...we eat, a lot...we have company-sponsored parties...a lot, Captain Lawrence brewery is right around the corner and we always have a few kegs for our parties and even some training functions. I won't fool you, the company expects you to work really hard, and many say it's the hardest work they've ever done...but you get to cut loose every now and again, and the salaries are competitive even for the greater New York City area.

Please don't hesitate to ask me about any vacancies, I know the admins for every therapeutic area, laboratory and support groups. I can get your CV on the desk of the hiring manager.

·
PAY UP SUCKA!!!
4,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
I can share this because it has been out in the public....All you engineers out there start paying attention to the Boeing job postings down in So-Cal.

·
Banned
2 Posts
Some would say that learning these tricks is of no use, but there are clear advantages to using them. For instance, there are events that are organized in various parts of the globe, for the sole purpose of having the expert RC helicopter pilots from different regions, converge together and show off their 3D flying skills. 3D flying involves the most advanced flying tricks.

·
AKA DADDY SHAGGY
2,466 Posts
Some would say that learning these tricks is of no use, but there are clear advantages to using them. For instance, there are events that are organized in various parts of the globe, for the sole purpose of having the expert RC helicopter pilots from different regions, converge together and show off their 3D flying skills. 3D flying involves the most advanced flying tricks.

Attachments

·
20th Anniversary GT350...... MINE!!
2,023 Posts
Seeking Business Management position

What's happening gents? Almost done with Bachelors of Science in Business Management degree with emphasis on Operations. Recent Six Sigma White Belt cert and enrolled in Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt program. Seeking position in So Cal (O.C., I.E. and S.D. counties). Retired Navy with over 20 years operations, personnel, shop and office management experience. If you know of ANYTHING, please let me know via pm.

Many thanx.

:bigtu

·
Registered
51 Posts
Anyone know of anything in the south Houston area? I am currently a contractor and have a new company coming in slashing everyones salaries from 20-60 percent literally. Quick background, Prior military (9 years) did Supply and Logistics and now I do logistics in the aerospace side of the house. I learn really quick and can adjust well to anything. Let me know. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anyone knows a an AUTOPARTS company in NY? My buddy needs some parts he resides in the ny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

41 - 60 of 60 Posts