Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running a JLP pre-bent roll cage?

I bought mine from JLP about 2 or 3 years ago and am finally getting around to installing it.

I was wondering if any of you would measure where the rear supports go in to the bed?

I also need the same info for the back window holes?

If anyone could help with this info I would deeply appreciate it.

Peace,

Suavy

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Sorry Suavy,
I can't help you out! I think JLP will be back Monday from Bradenton, they should be able to answer. I hope I need an answer to your question in the future!!
Are you still mounting that dinner plate on your monster?
Bryan

·
Registered
8,442 Posts
let me see if I can help you out Suavy.

With your kit, you should have frame connectors, they are the blocks that will be welded to the frame and the bars welded to those extensions. The frame of the truck is narrower than the cab and bed (where the bars go thru the floor), so thats why you need the extensions.

The door bars will have to be tweaked a little to fit the armrests and the rest of the process is just time consuming and takes patience.

Where the bars go thru the rear window is tricky, but here is my advice.

Put the main hoop in and the front bars then work on the rear bars. Make sure you have an aftermarket slider and remove the two side pieces of glass and install the slider, then eyeball where the rear bars are going to weld to the main hoop and make a template out of cardboard of the side peices of glass and use that template for your lexan and mark where the rear bars will go thru.

make your holes in the lexan and slide it over the rear bars and weld them in. Dont remove the protective paper thats on the lexan until your totally done.

To glue the rear lexan in, make sure you do two things. 1) rough up the outside edge of the lexan with sandpaper.( 1/2 inch from the edge all the way around) 2) make sure you use a primer for the urethane, dont just use the urethane, it needs a primer.

even though I didnt do my own rollbar installation, I was there for about 60 percent of it and can walk you thru any part that you need help with, you got my number, just give me a call if I can help.

My own Lightnings rollbar was custom built and not from a kit, but there are pretty close in design.

Good luck with the project, let me know when your headed down this way.

[email protected]

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks JJ thast kind of the way I was gonna install it to start with. I was just hoping for some measurments to make it quicker.

Hey I PM'd you I need to talk to you caN YOU CALL ME TONIGHT?

Suavy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.