Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my new JLP Power Flow Plenum a couple of days ago and finally got around to start installing this awesome piece.

The JLP PF is a work of art. I love the race inspired look of a sheetmetal intake and along with the polishing to give it the ultimate bling.
Some of you might notice that I also added a Metco Idler setup a few days ago which works great.

Here is a pic of the KB and the stock upper that has been polished. All the polishing work still looks pretty good considering its been exactly a year and 7200 miles since it has been polished.



Here is another pic showing the rear of the stock upper with the "restrictor plate" to adapt the larger KB opening to the smaller factory opening.



Here is my favorite pic......showing the difference in the JLP intake along side of the stock upper. As you can see there is a HUGE opening on the JLP to take full advantage of the KB inlet. Bye Bye "restrictor plate" !!



And here are a couple of pics of the JLP along with the blower which is getting some more polishing work done.
I couldnt wait to see how it would look together so I just loosly assembled the pieces to get an idea. I should hopefully have the polishing work finished on the blower in a few days and get it all fully assembled. But I knew ya'll would want to see a sneak preview.








So far since Thanksgiving I have added:
Dynatech Longtube Headers and High Flow Cats with Mid-pipes
Custom Intake tube with billet 95mm MAF and 6" inlet filter
Metco Idler assembly
JLP Power Flow Plenum

I still need a couple of more pieces to finish this round of modifications before I get the tune straightend out.
Be looking for new dyno numbers around late Feburary.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
426 Posts
I also added a Metco Idler setup
Just thought I might give my two cents on that setup.

I was a FEAD engineer for 6 years.. and in particular on these modular motors. The high load side of both belt systems is on the drivers side. So... what I'm saying is that metco has placed that little bearing on the wrong side. Well... at least for longevity sakes.

If your truck is a toy? Then don't sweat it. But I'd never suggest someone having one of those on a daily driver.

Rich
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wydopnthrtl said:
I also added a Metco Idler setup
Just thought I might give my two cents on that setup.

I was a FEAD engineer for 6 years.. and in particular on these modular motors.  The high load side of both belt systems is on the drivers side.  So... what I'm saying is that metco has placed that little bearing on the wrong side.  Well... at least for longevity sakes.

If your truck is a toy? Then don't sweat it.  But I'd never suggest someone having one of those on a daily driver.

Rich
Thanks for the heads up......I just think it looks cool and it will keep me from having to have another belt when I run the smaller pulleys. I will be a long time before this Lightning hits 207,000 miles like my Gen 1 has :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
454 Posts
THAT'S AWESOME!!
Man, you should have saved that for the ezine! [smilie=laugh.gif]
That would have made a great article!
I've been thrashing over whether I should get the intake or the headers... or just enjoy the truck for a while as is.

Decisions.. Decisions!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
270 Posts
thats sweet! it makes it look alot faster lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
I've seen this thing in person and its sweet!!! sheetmetal has a racy look to it and the anodized fitting make it look even cooler

I would have done this mod before the headers if i would have thought
it would have turned out better
i got the headers and i love em
but i got to have one of these plenums also

i will be ordering mine tomorrow

Woo Hoo!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Blown54 said:
I've seen this thing in person and its sweet!!! sheetmetal has a racy look to it and the anodized fitting make it look even cooler

I would have done this mod before the headers if i would have thought
it would have turned out better
i got the headers and i love em
but i got to have one of these plenums also

i will be ordering mine tomorrow

Woo Hoo!!!
And we can use your install for the e-zine...me taking pics of the install :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
202 Posts
And they're on sale to the end of January for $595.! Just ordered mine! Thanks KBZILLA for reminding me!

Jody
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
454 Posts
I just joined the ranks of the me too crowd!
We should have it installed by the end of the day and hopefully some dyno numbers.
Should be very interesting to see how much it'll help without me having long tube headers.

[smilie=laugh.gif]
[smilie=fingersx.gif]
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
174 Posts
Thanks KBZILLA! I've been lurking around F150 for a couple years. Don't post much. But have learned a lot. This site looks like fun!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
261 Posts
Bobver,
I see you are one of those unknowns with a beautiful truck and very few people even know as you just sit in the background quietly.

Rob,
Maybe you could take some pointers. [smilie=laugh.gif]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
454 Posts
Very nice engine bay Bobver!

LOL... racetested don't give Rob too hard of a time!
If he didn't post sometimes there'd be nobody chatting some days.
Besides, about half of the time he keeps talking about his nitrous system.
:smt119
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
261 Posts
Rob is one of the better guys out there and a great salesman for us. You are right about Rob keeping things talkative and lively. :D

KB and Bob have some really nice trucks. I would love to build a truck like theirs if I kept a vehicle long enough to justify the cost. LOL I'm putting together a procharger kit for my current ride while thinking of the next vehicle I am going to buy at the same time. Luckily the procharger and nitrous should convert over to the next truck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
racetested said:
KB and Bob have some really nice trucks. I would love to build a truck like theirs if I kept a vehicle long enough to justify the cost.
I just keep adding to my collection. I originally traded my 95 Z28 show car to get my 94 Cobra just because I thought I could sell it quicker than the Z. But I like it so much I decided to keep the Cobra. Its so cool beacuse its so rare #365 of 1000 :D
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top