Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there really any benefit going from a C&L upper to a JLP plenum to add more air to the MP blower of mine....? Just looking for some more gains to be had....!!!

·
Mr. Crossfire
16,162 Posts

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wonder what kind of gains I could see using this plenum...? I would order the one for the eaton correct..?

·
Mr. Crossfire
16,162 Posts
I believe they all fit the same. Eaton/mp are pretty much the same besides the HP/TQ they put out.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya, just wondered if the gains were worth buying it for...?

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ya if that's all there is to gain no need to try and upgrade the upper intake then :bigtu

·
Mr. Crossfire
16,162 Posts
Talk to the MP King CTTOPGUN

·
Former Rowing Team.
04 Lightning
12,025 Posts
I didn't know the JLP plenum fits our eatons.

I havethe stock elbow and Posi Ported stock plenum. I wouldn't mind freeing up some power by adding the JLP intake and after market elbow. However, I'd be better off putting those funds on a twin screw.

·
SOLD...
5,244 Posts
I would get it but im biased.....sent you a PM.

I added the MP and JLP plenum at the same time so I cant tell you what "gains" you would recieve, but I think it was a major part of me making an 11 second stock block truck.

·
Even Then I Was Old Skool!
10,411 Posts
Port the C & L and save your money... unless you're loaded. If you have $$$ to spend, sell the C & L and buy the JLP.

The inside's done and the outside needs to get finished, but I ported mine a bit :)!

·
Even Then I Was Old Skool!
10,411 Posts
/\/\/\ Looks great Mike.... I would of done the same with a C&L, but I came across the JLP plenum used and cheap in the classifieds one day and snached her up and polished it.

Exactly what I would do if the opportunity presented itself.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Okay I'll consider buying one after seeing some opinions, but I have also read that it raises the powerband slighly, really don't want to have to lose torque down low though? Also has JLP fixed all the fitment issues with the intake?

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
the inside of the c&l isn't horrible, the inlet side just needs to be gasket matched and ported a good 2-3", the outlet side is really rough, and needs to be cut smooth, opened up a tiny bit and smoothed out around the bumps. No before pics but the there shouldn't be a need to get into it the whole way through, just a few inches on each opening.

·
Administrator
18,754 Posts
The JLP plenum won't show gains unless you really crank up the pulley ratio. I ran an Extrude Honed stocker when I put the MP blower on. The C+L had not been released to market yet. The ported stocker showed equal HP to the C+L on the dyno at a later date. Opening the inlet tract is beneficial on any positive displacement blower, but especially critical to reduce restrictions on small Roots blowers.

The big question is if it is worth the small gains for the rather large cost. For me the answer was Hell Yes! It allowed me to run 10 sec passes on the tiny blower. But I also simply love the "race fabricated" looks. And yes, the Eaton plenum is the one for the MP as well. The KB one is different.

Jim

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.