Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what Bassani mufflers are used? I've got to get something quieter than the Flowmasters I put on. I wasn't expecting them to be as loud as freakin $h!t! Although this may be compounded by the fact that the Random Tech cats have both blown out.

·
street truck
6,534 Posts
I'm not sure I understand your question but if you just want a muffler that sounds good and not obnoxious, I really recommend a Magnaflow 2 1/2" dual in dual out. Has a 4.5" crossover inside to equalize back pressure. Sounds good. I love the Bassani sound in the JLPCR system but I can't be sure how much of that is from the equal length headers. I ran the Magnaflow with my old Dynatech system and loved it,

·
Premium Member
5,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I forgot to add that I'm running Cannon headers & 3" mids. What I've been trying to do is reproduce the sound I had with the Bassani's but in a 3" system. I went with the Flowmasters because of all the sound clips I've heard but for some reason they are WAY louder on my truck. What I'm looking for is something that sounds nice, doesn't have that wet towel sound & flows well. I like the sound of the Comp R but I guess the mufflers used are a JLP/Bassani secret. I had thought about going with a Magnaflow but I'm concerned about the sound with using a single DI/DO internal X muffler since that's what I had before (but it was from a company called Aerochamber) & it sounded like crap.

·
Building a fast catfish!!!
15,687 Posts
Could go with some magnapacks

Sent via my damn droid.

·
Former Rowing Team.
04 Lightning
12,024 Posts
Zap, I went from full catless obx with a bassani bx muffler to 3" from collectors back with a comp r muffler.

It does not sound the same. My 3" is stupid loud and freaking deeeep. I went 3" to get rid of rasp/wet towel. I'm finally happy.

·
Premium Member
5,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Jason said he's gonna see if they will sell him just the muffler. I'm sure they will, bassani had me contact a vendor down the street from them to get a replacement muffler for the catback I had.

·
Former Rowing Team.
04 Lightning
12,024 Posts
I might end up copying your set up when I'm ready. The one vid I saw of your truck sounded sick. Are you still on OBX headers? iirc you got everything made at a shop from the headers back?
Thanks. Yes. Yes. Two vband clamps on each side. Not in stainless though. Still was about $1000.

If you don't have long tubes, you are better off buying the comp r system. Better quality and you can put it on yourself. That what I should of did years ago as my first exhaust choice.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I have OBX with a 3" collector, catless mid's and a DIDO Magnaflow with internal crossover. 3" all the way out to 4" tips and I love it. Normal driving it's not that much louder than my old Bassani with catted mid's, but open the throttle and it screams. After paying well over $800 for the Bassani cat back and how it looked after 8,000 miles, I'll never buy Bassani again.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.