Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
2.9 Whipple E85R A1 Transmission
10,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was posted about a month ago on the book of face.
I really liked watching it, wonder who the new owner is.

[smilie=3g

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,542 Posts
someone in Vegas, posted on Instagram about having it now

·
Registered
144 Posts
wow, I loved that truck. especially people what lightnings are capable of. hopefully new owners race it just as much.

·
Stiffler's guinea pig
6,604 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,733 Posts
That L is so badass, hoping the new owner has a social media presence like Jimmy did with it.

·
local painter
2,743 Posts
Gonna miss following Jimmy and the YeTTi. Hopefully Jimmy gets back into another fast ford and pushes whatever it may be to the limit.

·
Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck
14,483 Posts
blah blah blah, it was still a lightning. Anywhere close to a stock one? Absolutely not. But it's still a Lightning. And heck he even still kept it a ford motor. There's near bone stock gen 2's out there that folks tossed an LS motor in, and the rest is all 100% original L, and those are still lightnings (just with a bastardized LS motor). There's even gen 2's out there with pushrod Ford motors dropped in, and again, still a L. So Jimmy went to the extreme with the chassis & suspension, and BBF w/ TT, it still was a L, built from a L, and looked like a bone stock L from the exterior aside from the stance & wheels.

Anyway, from what I've seen, he sold it to VooDoo Racing Innovations out in vegas. Frank Yee & Rachael Yee. We all know them, they have the turbo 4v HD truck that has been like 10.3. Frank has the black betty 03 cobra with the realistic blue flames, and now has a white cobra with a full chassis & big azz pushrod motor, the works. His wife races a pretty serious 03/04 cobra as well. Seeing them drag the bumper is a common occurence, and they are present on social media so I expect to see them continue with the yetti fan fair online for folks to continue to enjoy watching. Great folks, so it definitely went to a great home. Heck Frank was on Street Outlaws when Memphis raced Vegas, so maybe you'll see the YeTTi in a future season of Street Outlaws. Ol' Heavy vs. YeTTi lol

I was looking forward to seeing Jimmy race Ryan Martin, battle of the current fastest L's on the planet, but unfortunately both sold. Jimmy to Vegas, & Ryan to Mexico. Ryan is building another though from what I heard. Jimmy seems to be done with it, he met his goals, he had fun with the build and the racing, he's pulling chocks before it becomes an even bigger money pit to push it even faster (as if it didn't already cost enough lol). Seems his kid is in high school & playing football and he wants to be around for that rather than in the pits wrenching at tracks hours from home. I can understand that. There's a LOT of work, money, and headache to deal with shops, vendors, tuners, builders, etc. to support something on that level. I hope to see him get another truck and just enjoy the trucks and hanging around the L community, but I'm sure nothing will feel anywhere near as fun compared to that 6 second beast lol. Frank & Rachael Yee own VRI so it's a full time business operation for them with racing & building, so they've got the resources to run the truck, tune it, build it, etc. and they're out all the time competing in various classes, I don't think it could have went to a better home, so it seems like it worked out pretty well for both parties. Jimmy had one heck of a truck, and I know if I were in his shoes, I wouldn't want it going to just anyone.

·
BagsR4groceries eBay built
9,537 Posts
It’s not a Lightning anymore tubular frame different rear fiberglass front clip just not at Lightning anymore not even an F1 50 for that fact just a shell I mean yeah It was a bad ass truck I give it that but I think he ruined a clean Lightning he could’ve bought a base model F1 50 and did that instead even if I had the money which I don’t I would never do that to my Lightning and I would leave it it’s stock frame it’s stock rear its stock transmission Stock engine but obviously built internalsAnd go balls to the wall

·
Registered
860 Posts
Ryan’s Gen 1 has stock frame rails and that’s why he couldn’t compete at the same level as the elite guys. There’s just not enough room between the frame and bed sides for a big enough tire.

Just because it doesn’t meet “your” definition of a real lightning doesn’t mean it’s not. He has (well had) a title for it and if he needed to he could use that title to prove he was the owner. Title is for a lightning so it’s a lightning.

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,542 Posts
It’s not a Lightning anymore tubular frame different rear fiberglass front clip just not at Lightning anymore not even an F1 50 for that fact just a shell I mean yeah It was a bad ass truck I give it that but I think he ruined a clean Lightning he could’ve bought a base model F1 50 and did that instead even if I had the money which I don’t I would never do that to my Lightning and I would leave it it’s stock frame it’s stock rear its stock transmission Stock engine but obviously built internalsAnd go balls to the wall
you ever sit in it? still had the dash, headliner etc

the truck is a work of art for sure

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,542 Posts
It still has the factory frame, It's been modified some...
The front was cut off at the upper control arm mounts and the rear was C- Notched.
It's still a Lightning in my book.

a much more bad ass Lightning than it was before

·
BagsR4groceries eBay built
9,537 Posts
you ever sit in it? still had the dash, headliner etc

the truck is a work of art for sure
meh.... same dash as a f150

·
Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck
14,483 Posts
You don't even have a stock engine or stock blower or all that in your truck, so you're saying you don't have a Lightning anymore either? Give me a break. What is it then if it's not a Lightning? Nobody saying it's original, factory, stock, or even anywhere near close to your typical built truck, it's WILDLY different, *but*, it's still a L.

It's pretty simple, when it pulls up to the line and it still looks like a LIghtning.....it's a Lightning, especially when it evolved to that point from a real lightning. If it was built from a regular f150 and looks like a lightning, then it's a fake Lightning lol. Sure it'd be cheaper to start with an XL f150, but you're talking a small difference compared to a truck that probably has $200k into it. And it meant a lot more to him because he evolved that truck from stock, to mild, to wild. Means a lot more to someone than just a turn key drag vehicle with no history behind it.

Doesn't matter what you would do, or what you could afford to do, that plays no part in it that just because you can't afford it, it's no longer a L lol.

Ryan’s Gen 1 has stock frame rails and that’s why he couldn’t compete at the same level as the elite guys. There’s just not enough room between the frame and bed sides for a big enough tire.

Just because it doesn’t meet “your” definition of a real lightning doesn’t mean it’s not. He has (well had) a title for it and if he needed to he could use that title to prove he was the owner. Title is for a lightning so it’s a lightning.
Bingo!

It still has the factory frame, It's been modified some...
The front was cut off at the upper control arm mounts and the rear was C- Notched.
It's still a Lightning in my book.
Well there's actually very little factory frame left, the rear is far beyond a c-notch lol, maybe initially on the first reveal of the yeTTi, but it went back in under the knife and went full 25.3, the back end is a total jungle gym, the roof was cut off and the full chassis work/cage work done inside for 6.50 cert, it went thru a much more serious chassis upgrade after the initial reveal, along when he did the FG doors & front clip. He did however still run factory LCAs which I thought was awesome seeing those hanging under there on the wheelie shots lol, and as mentioned he kept it as factory looking as you could for something to that extreme, with the dash and all that. Heck he even put decals of the door handles back on it so the FG doors looked stock. The attention to detail was phenomenal.

meh.... same dash as a f150
lol that's because they're SVT F-150's, and if you don't believe it, go look at your tailgate badge as a reminder lol, so of course it's the same dash as a f150, but your argument there is somehow implying that L's aren't L's because they have an f150 dash? lol The point is he didn't go with a gutted tin can interior, he kept the factory L look inside and out, as much as you could for a vehicle as fast as that and still be legal.

So what's your made up rules? It cost more than you could afford, so it's not a L? He modded his differently than you would, so it's not a L? He upgraded the chassis & driveline to run 6's @ 200 while keeping it looking as stock as possible so it's not a L? It has the same dash as an f150 so it's not a L? Those are the only arguments I'm hearing so far lol And none of them hold water. What does however, is Lightning VIN, Lightning Title, built from an actual Lightning = Lightning. Those are pretty black & white.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts