Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My nephew has been using my adapter for my 10# ring and he taking it to be worked on today...He is going to remove it and I will be able to put the ring on and belt the bitch up...Also, need to change the fuel filter.

·
Mr. Crossfire
16,162 Posts
Looking good Dave, happy for ya

·
think you can or can't, youre right
798 Posts
Looks real nice! In your first picture, is that a "wing-headed" bolt with a lot of black spacers holding the COPs in place? What's the info on that little mod?
-Joshua

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those are DMR bolts, the ones that Garrett used to sell...The vacuum line is Hose Candy and all you have to do is twist it apart when it needs removed, then you can screw it back together.

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,668 Posts
looks beautiful, I hope it runs strong

·
Registered
676 Posts
Me likey:smt023

·
.030, XR heads, [email protected]
12,831 Posts
:bigtu:bigtu looks amazing!

might want to put a small clamp on that hose candy red hose on the front right of the upper intake.... high boost can blow it off of there; it happened to Neil at LF7.... truck wouldn't make boost. Good thing JL was there, we had to run with my L back down the return lane and reconnect it; then he was back in business!

What are your goals??

Definitely following this build/ thread; keep it updated would you?:cheers

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Looking Good crewsy.
:bigtu:bigtu-Bob

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
:bigtu:bigtu looks amazing!

might want to put a small clamp on that hose candy red hose on the front right of the upper intake.... high boost can blow it off of there; it happened to Neil at LF7.... truck wouldn't make boost. Good thing JL was there, we had to run with my L back down the return lane and reconnect it; then he was back in business!

What are your goals??

Definitely following this build/ thread; keep it updated would you?:cheers
I guess my goals are for Jerry to be dependable, and to just be able to go to the strip and run 11's the way he got there...I would also like to get close to Jim's 10.89 on a race tune...This engine was designed to be able to run nitrous by the type and gapping of the rings, so I have some plans that way also...I just want the truck to be like Jim's, drive it to wherever I want to and race him...Hopefully, after I recover from this build and get some money together, I would like to add a steering rack and a few more weight saving mods.

·
Building a fast catfish!!!
15,687 Posts
Hope the valve covers don act like tfs

Sent via my damn droid.

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks Jim, I appreciate your help and all the knowledge that your share on this site...I am trying to make Jerry like your truck where I can drive it to the track, and then drive it home with the AC working and listening to some tunes.

·
Premium Member
5,754 Posts
Enjoy all your hard work Dave! I'm sure you'll have a beast on your hands.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.