Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jerry is killing me, but with the able help of my nephew Jason and buddy Brent we are getting him done a little at a time...He should be firing soon.

Jerry feeling feisty and screwing with a Cobra, Jason's car.

·
11 Second Club
15,089 Posts
Almost there Dave... Looks really clean, also that cobra looks clean

·
.030, XR heads, [email protected]
12,831 Posts
looking good man. But we all know that's a MP blower with a 2.7" upper .... since you ground the MP name off it!!!! haha :bigtu

what lower u running? my jlp motor should be shipping this week. I'm going 2.7/ 8 lb rings

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what all is the reason for your truck being down? new motor?
Yep, the last motor was a piece of crap, live and learn...Made a few changes while he was down, battery is moved to the back with a ruslow tray, Darrell's long bars and a different intake this time...There is some very good stuff inside this motor, and it comes from a first class builder and racer.

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
looking good man. But we all know that's a MP blower with a 2.7" upper .... since you ground the MP name off it!!!! haha :bigtu

what lower u running? my jlp motor should be shipping this week. I'm going 2.7/ 8 lb rings
I'm actually running a 3" on the street, the lower is a 10#er...I have a 7 gallon IC tank in the bed with a Jabsco pump so it runs fairly cool...The Mark VIII fan helps also.

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,677 Posts
he's getting ready to tear up some tires

·
Fat Bastad
2,756 Posts
Dave

Hope to see you and your nephew out at National trails before long. My mechanic is working out some last minute bugs with the innovative wide band and a stalling issue and then things should be good to go with the Roach coach. I'm thinking that the stalling issue is tune related. He wants more time with it. He's thinking it might be the MAF. :smt102 Hopefully he'll wrap it up before long. I missed all of last year and now most of this years racing season trying to get the truck right and I'm ready to get her back on the track. Can't wait to see what they'll do. I'm going to be pretty dissapointed if I can't get it into the mid to high 11's.

Good luck with getting things with Jerry wrapped up.

What kind of rubber are you going to be running? Slicks? DOT Drag Radials?

Roach

·
Registered
4,553 Posts
With the big pulley ratio and the MP, temps are going to be tough to control.

With it being 80* here, my coated longtubes, 10# lower, 2.7 upper, distilled water IC,Fluidyne HE, cowl hood etc - it gets hot!

You can feel the super warm air pouring out from the cowl and hood.

My charge temps while crusing in the 80* weather are 140s when idle and 120s when driving.

·
"Only god can judge me."
4,655 Posts
With the big pulley ratio and the MP, temps are going to be tough to control.

With it being 80* here, my coated longtubes, 10# lower, 2.7 upper, distilled water IC,Fluidyne HE, cowl hood etc - it gets hot!

You can feel the super warm air pouring out from the cowl and hood.

My charge temps while crusing in the 80* weather are 140s when idle and 120s when driving.

The MP trucks are in full force in this thread. How is it running MJG?

·
Registered
4,553 Posts
About 400 miles on her now. In the bodyshop this week so not much driving.
Datalogged, starter tune from JDM is good but very safe, super rich when getting on it.
Going to a local dyno soon to do a couple pulls and send the info to Jim for adjustment.

·
The GOLD RUSH!
2,559 Posts
Those valve covers are purdy. Can't wait to see what kind of power this thing goes...

As far as heat goes, regardless of what pulley he puts on it it'll make less heat than the Eaton. The chiller is a great idea as well. I always give props to the owners who have issues with these things and keep goin. I like my truck a lot but even the smallest things make me second guess it hahaha. Hopefully that change soon, some time after I blow it up and go against my promise and go built.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
not to jump off subject and it probably has been covered a hundred times,but WHAT makes a mp so much better than a eaton? I really want a whipple 2.3 but cant swing the price for a while.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts