Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to let everyone know we will no longer be able to offer our JDM Electric fan kit. It has already been removed from our website. The fan motors we used became unavailable from Ford and we were sourcing them through an aftermarket company. However we have had some issues with these motors which has caused us to take the fan kit off the market. We sold the JDM fan kit for over 15 years to the public and have over 2,500 units on the market. It has been a staple product for our F-150 customers and we are sad to see it go. We will still have service parts available include the entire harness kit, excluding the fan motor.

This brings me to my next point, we will be offering the JDM Electric fan harness kit on sale when you call in to order. Retail price is $195 and our special for those who call in direct to order will be $175 + S&H

Call us at 732-780-0770

Thanks,

JimIII

·
Registered
517 Posts
I have been meaning to ask a question about the Electric fan assembly and Electric fan harness kit. I have a nib fan assembly I bought on the very first run (a F150ONLINE GB I think) WAY back when I bought my 99L...... you know the trucks we waited and waited for them to show up after make deposits a year before.

I wanted to know how the older assembly compared to the now discontinued ones and if the current wiring and controls will work with my older nib assembly?

·
Premium Member
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been meaning to ask a question about the Electric fan assembly and Electric fan harness kit. I have a nib fan assembly I bought on the very first run (a F150ONLINE GB I think) WAY back when I bought my 99L...... you know the trucks we waited and waited for them to show up after make deposits a year before.

I wanted to know how the older assembly compared to the now discontinued ones and if the current wiring and controls will work with my older nib assembly?
Yes the older unit was the same design as it was until we discontinued except the motor is original Ford so your better off. The harness kit did change for the better and now includes the AC relay which yours may not have. Also the temp sensor has been updated to go in the block, I believe before it went to the coolant crossover tube. I think it would be beneficial to update the harness kit. Send me pics of yours and I can tell you if it has the AC connection or not. [email protected]

·
Registered
517 Posts
All it came with was a small handful of parts, pigtail connectors and relays to build your harness with I believe. All these parts where in a small box about the size of a 410 shotgun shell box. I have long since misplaced it during a few moves and only have the fan in a tattered and torn box. I think it came with a T-Stat as well but I left it in the 99L when I traded it off in 2001 along with the line mod valve that came with the JDM Superchips (blue can with pigtail switch) flipchip.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts