Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Custom mid plate between blower and lower intake? I thought that the spacer kits came same with longer bolts.
I got my spacer from a machinist (he made 10 at time). He recommended longer bolts . I used longer bolts when I installed the my spacer.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
I have two extra spacers mid plate one is phenolic material, the other is aluminum alloy, no bolts. I also have Throttle body spacers… things one finds when their wife makes them clean the garage! LOL

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, jc customs makes a billet mid plate that is 3/8 thicker. I went through a few discussions in here that say you can use stock bolt size and other people saying don’t and one says those are to long. I have a few more arp bolts I need which are the mid plate and water pump
Office equipment Wood Gas Engineering Composite material

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have two extra spacers mid plate one is phenolic material, the other is aluminum alloy, no bolts. I also have Throttle body spacers… things one finds when their wife makes them clean the garage! LOL
Yeah I know the feeling lol I found a towel wrapped up with a bunch of vacuum plugs in it which saved me a trip to the store.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
The problems is that if there is not screw threads biting into the base.. when you go to torque the bolts you could strip the threads in the base. I personally spend the money on new longer bolts. Keep the old bolts just in case in the future you remove it and restore to stock.
have fun racing!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The problems is that if there is not screw threads biting into the base.. when you go to torque the bolts you could strip the threads in the base. I personally spend the money on new longer bolts. Keep the old bolts just in case in the future you remove it and restore to stock.
have fun racing!!
I wanna spend the money, but I need to figure out which arp bolts I need. I was hoping someone here that has used the same mid plate could help.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
it has been 12 years or more since I replaced those bolts, I went to a better quality Allen head.
your Bolt has identified marks on the head. You can take the bolt to a bolt shop or take a picture of it send to a bolt shop online.
They will tell you what it is and what is needed when you add the mid plate (have the thickness of mid plate measured).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts