Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
George\/
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well today at 6:52pm EDT i finally got my baby running.
i had to adjust the tb to bump up the idle a bit as she is not used to her cams yet. but at about 1000rpm's she is very smooth. i only brought her up to operating temp tonight so i could check for leaks and such, tomorrow the inner fenders will go back in and she will be backed out of the garage under her own power :pepper: and get a much needed bath, then a nice ride is in order :burnout:
man its a great feeling to finally get this done and off my shoulders as it was driving me nuts. you know its bad when you dream about pulling intakes and heads back off :eek:
i want to thank all of you who tried to help me out when i was having problems and looked up threads on all sorts of other boards about anything that could be releated.
yeah Herb this means you man and Suavy also, you two have been the biggest help in me getting all the little gremlins out and keeping me calm and from just selliing it as she sat
i will grab some pics of her tomorrow, but now i am off to bed

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
WOO HOO
Now that is AWESOME NEWS
CONGRATS Mike  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

·
Project Dirty Dog
6,747 Posts
Congradulations Mike :smt026

·
George\/
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys, it does feel good to be back in it. but it quite a bit higher than my mustang so i may have to change that when funds allow
as for tuning i think i might shoot down to long island and pay Sal a visit and get some new SCT stuff :D
but that too needs coin to be saved

·
George\/
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Suavy said:
Con grads, I cant wait to follow in your foot steps!

Peace,

Suavy
you would fair better by skipping the bent valve step that i included :smt035

·
Registered
734 Posts
OK, I wish I could have been here to talk you through it with out the bent valve issue.

Peace,

Suavy

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hey Mike - sorry for coming late to the party (I've been in Dallas on business), but pour me one anyway [smilie=drunk.gif]!! GREAT NEWS :D

Glad to hear it had come together for you!!

I've got some questions, but I'm expecting to have couple PMs 'over there' when I get there, so I'll just keep that chain going.

Good Job,
Herb

1 - 11 of 11 Posts