Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Building a fast catfish!!!
15,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ask this because my ac has never worked... probally because its full of moisture...lol... but any way... if I ditch the compressor and everything else will the dfrost and heat still work correctly...

In my mind I know it should.... butttt I know the compressor cycles while on defrost....

Sent via my damn droid.

·
15,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea... that kinda sucks... but it should still de fog the windows or defrost....lol

Sent via my damn droid.

·
Bracket maker
3,982 Posts
Well the a/c in my Nissan pickup had a leak and so the low pressure switch kept it from turning on. I left it that way for the winter but the defrost was useless. You had to wait for the truck to warm up to remove any moisture in the cab with heat.

·
15,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Damn... I might have to leave it then

Sent via my damn droid.

·
15,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For defrost... but yea... when I do the pulley swap ill probally yank that shit... hehe... less weight

Sent via my damn droid.

·
Administrator
18,598 Posts
Lots of vehicles without air conditioning had defrost systems that were deemed to be adequate. It will work without the AC. Just not as efficiently. Kinda like it does with an AC system that does not work.:p

Jim

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Not sure how accurate this is, but i was always told the only reason the AC compressor ran in defrost mode was to keep the compressor seal lubricated durring the cold months

·
15,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Most likely gonna ditch it...

Sent via my damn droid.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Lmk if ur gonna remove it. Mine is out. I'm looking to maybe reconnet the a/c back. I need parts.

·
15,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lmk if ur gonna remove it. Mine is out. I'm looking to maybe reconnet the a/c back. I need parts.

it will be a while till i do... still gotta get a mafia and tuner to throw the 4lber on... and because id need to change the belt without a compressor im gonna wait till the 4lber to do so...

but i will let you know

1 - 12 of 12 Posts