Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
11 second street truck
9,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been doing some reading on the vampire system, and am intrigued.
My truck is a DD on a stock block, ported eaton, 6lb lower and 2.83 upper. It makes about 15-16lbs of boost depending on weather. Tune is safe with 11.0-11.3 AFR at WOT. Makes ~425rwhp and runs 110 in the quarter with street tires on it and a tranny that died 2 weeks later.
I am deployed now, but the plan was to swap out a stock upper and lower the boost after deployment and have it retuned just to make it "safer".
However the Vampire isn't much more than the pulley and re-tune, and would allow me to keep my power level that i currently have.

For those of you that run them, which path do you think is the safer route?

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Go with the J&S.

A safe tune and low boost is great as long as nothing ever goes wrong like a bad injector, fuel pump, pressure regulator, clogged filter, bad tank of gas, some idiot in a stock Silverado trying to play with you when it's 20* outside, etc......

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,536 Posts
x2 on going with the J&S

I'm hoping to install a J&S and a 2.80 on my snake bite equipped Eaton (this spring) to push it over 18# on a stock long block

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
You can't get safer than you will be with the Vampire...Like Doc said it will compensate for a variety of situations that can happen.

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Im at 15lbs with the MP on my stock block. Im not getting as much as I hoped I would at 15lbs. I'll probably be bumping it up to 18lbs in the spring.

Glad I got a J&S! :bigtu

I see it activate here and there, dont know whats causing it when it does, nothing feels different when it does. But Im glad its doing its thing!

·
11 second street truck
9,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im at 15lbs with the MP on my stock block. Im not getting as much as I hoped I would at 15lbs. I'll probably be bumping it up to 18lbs in the spring.

Glad I got a J&S! :bigtu

I see it activate here and there, dont know whats causing it when it does, nothing feels different when it does. But Im glad its doing its thing!
thanks guys, this is what i was thinking.

sonic, i may pick your brain when i get back on the install, seeing as you are local-ish.

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
No problem. Its pretty easy. I went ahead and got the MSD harness for it. A bit more wiring under the hood, but its not that noticeable, and made it plug and play so I didnt have to splice all the coil wires

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
Order direct from MSD, part number ASY 29003. If they ask, it's a replacement harness for the 8734 "2 Step".

Last price I was quoted was $114.20 plus shipping.

·
Administrator
18,132 Posts
I have been considering this to protect my considerable investment. Need the money tree to have a good growing season. Spent a fortune and still need to spend more.:smt101

Jim

·
My truck is faster than your Vette
557 Posts
What exactly does the vampire system do?

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
with a good tune, proper timing level and good 93 gas youll have no problems. I ran this much boost with a 75 shot on top with my stock block for years on pump gas.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
13 Participants
SonicHD
Lightning Rodder
Join our Lightning Rodder community to discuss the supercharged Ford F150 SVT and Harley Davidson edition pickup.
Full Forum Listing