Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't add more HP to the stock block so I have to move on to other mods now. I know removing rotating assembly weight will help HP loss and save stress on the engine. I am planning to do a LFP E-fan initially. my real question is would adding a lower QC pulley in the stock size be worth the weight saving/$ ratio?

·
Big Dck Playa
1,293 Posts
no. oh whipple.... hum... i would doubt it.

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,542 Posts
it might save some weight... but I don't think it will help out but it'd cool to have a dyno before and after to see

·
aka Nivardo
3,089 Posts
Might be something to do with a hub and interchangeable stock size pulley, then when you are ready to add more psi you'd be set to go, just add a +4 ring or whatever you want.

But i think wether you add more "HP mods" or free up hp... it still ends up being more hp on your stock internals..... someone correct me if im wrong

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
I agree with nivardo...It is just like taking a popsickle stick and bending it in your hands...You can take it to a certain point and hold it there and it won't break, but add another ounce of pressure and "snap"...The rods will only take so much before they reach their snapping point.

·
SOLD...
5,244 Posts
Thats why I started removing weight from the truck. I have reached what I think is the limits of the stock long block and I dont want to make any more power. By lightning up the rotating mass on the motor, you will be freeing up some power. Yes its free and easy, but it will make a little difference IMHO. I want mid 11 second stock block (under 500rwhp) and i'm almost there.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I've finally settled that that is my goal, like the trucks sits engine/blower wise I want an 11sec pass. I'm not too far off. I've got some slicks coming and I will work on some weight savings. I think an EFan will help some, maybe. My last pass was spare and tailgate off with DRs on stock rims. I am just kind of at a crossroad and dont know what else to do with it.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Really? Big difference? I am debating on adding 2 more psi to the Whipple but I know the dynodynamics dynos read really low (Ive heard less than a Mustang) and I dont know if I am close to the limits or well under. I dont really know what 2psi on a Whipple equals hp/tq wise.

·
YOLO
14,227 Posts
Really? Big difference? I am debating on adding 2 more psi to the Whipple but I know the dynodynamics dynos read really low (Ive heard less than a Mustang) and I dont know if I am close to the limits or well under. I dont really know what 2psi on a Whipple equals hp/tq wise.
If you are running mid 12's you are well within the safe zone when it comes to how much power these blocks can handle.

Id suggest you go to the track and see what it runs before you make anymore changes and report back afterwords so we can help with your current issues.

·
YOLO
14,227 Posts

·
YOLO
14,227 Posts
Can you describe what it feels like? Is it like the transmission is slipping feel?
I really dont remember feeling much difference during day to day driving but I did notice a difference at the track. I was able to stall up higher at the line and my time slip showed an improvement.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts