Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hows it going all, i was wondering if eric korn was still tuning? I've been trying get in contact with him for about a month with no response so far. He tuned my old motor and was looking forward to him tuning the new motor

·
Stiffler's guinea pig
6,768 Posts
Cool, thanks for the update, i guess I'll have to work on my patients and hope he gets back to me sooner then later.
Do you have his email? If not, I'll msg it to you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
2002 Harley Davidson F-150
161 Posts
I contacted him over a year ago. Multiple times. Still haven't gotten a email back. I gave up on him. There's a guy close to me in the neighboring state of MS that tunes Mod motors for everything from streetcars to promods... I'm letting him tune mine when it's ready. Everyone seems to have a problem tuning 80lb injectors except this guy and JLP. he has experience with em, and has no issue tuning for them.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Email him. He's tuned my truck several times over the years for different combos. At the tail end of my twin turbo tune now, knocking out some transmission tweaks. Got a revision yesterday. He knows his stuff, no doubt about it.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,480 Posts
I contacted him over a year ago. Multiple times. Still haven't gotten a email back. I gave up on him. There's a guy close to me in the neighboring state of MS that tunes Mod motors for everything from streetcars to promods... I'm letting him tune mine when it's ready. Everyone seems to have a problem tuning 80lb injectors except this guy and JLP. he has experience with em, and has no issue tuning for them.
Tuning for 80's isnt the problem, its how you have to tune for them that is. Forcing the vehicle into open loop full time or really early in tp and/or load is not the correct way and its the way 100% of the vehicles that come into my shop from another shop are tuned. I swap out those 80's for DW 88's and tune it correctly. There is no reason to force a street driven vehicle into open loop all the time.

They do behave better on E85 with fuel pressure adjustments but thats about it.

Just my .02

[email protected]

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Email him. He's tuned my truck several times over the years for different combos. At the tail end of my twin turbo tune now, knocking out some transmission tweaks. Got a revision yesterday. He knows his stuff, no doubt about it.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Alright just sent him another emailed again, hoping he checks his emails.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Tuning for 80's isnt the problem, its how you have to tune for them that is. Forcing the vehicle into open loop full time or really early in tp and/or load is not the correct way and its the way 100% of the vehicles that come into my shop from another shop are tuned. I swap out those 80's for DW 88's and tune it correctly. There is no reason to force a street driven vehicle into open loop all the time.

They do behave better on E85 with fuel pressure adjustments but thats about it.

Just my .02

[email protected]
Lol I like "how you tune" for 80lb injectors involves removing them completely. Btw that's not a jab at you as I know those injectors are junk. They have a god awful spray pattern. Maybe would be decent if had base pressure at like 60psi and was running ethanol but that's it. Though I will somewhat disagree with the open loop thing. A good open loop tune will run great. Closed loop really just allows for better mileage (maybe) under light loads. I run forced open loop on my truck and and it made the truck miles better in driveability. Some things like a leaky exhaust you just can't overcome.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Reactions: KDerekT83

·
Registered
8,480 Posts
Lol I like "how you tune" for 80lb injectors involves removing them completely. Btw that's not a jab at you as I know those injectors are junk. They have a god awful spray pattern. Maybe would be decent if had base pressure at like 60psi and was running ethanol but that's it. Though I will somewhat disagree with the open loop thing. A good open loop tune will run great. Closed loop really just allows for better mileage (maybe) under light loads. I run forced open loop on my truck and and it made the truck miles better in driveability. Some things like a leaky exhaust you just can't overcome.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
The open loop tuned 80lb injector trucks that I would get in here to be properly tuned ran like garbage because the previous tuner raped the fuel tables and never touched the MAF. Open loop tunes can run just fine the problem is two fold, one is that you wont know if you develop a fueling issue with fuel trims turned off and two the truck wont pass emissions and when you email tune the amount of trucks that I do those two items are pretty important.

It all works out however because I rarely get requests to tune those injectors anyway. And for those that are reading your best injectors to use are the following;

Stock block trucks running pump or E85 up to 500rwhp =Siemens deka 60's
Built trucks running pump 93 up to 600 rwhp= Siemens deka 60's
Built trucks running pump 93 or E85 up to 800rwhp= Injector dynamics 1050x

Above that its your tuners choice, in house trucks making more then 800 get ID1300's

[email protected]

·
Registered
2002 Harley Davidson F-150
161 Posts
So I'm reading this thread and I think of a question. I've spoken to SEVERAL reputable tuners, including one tuner that happens to be local to me that tunes everything from street cars to PRO-MODS and is well known for what he does, I've only spoken to one tuner that flat out refuses to tune 80's. Is there only one tuner in the country that does it right then?

·
Registered
8,480 Posts
So I'm reading this thread and I think of a question. I've spoken to SEVERAL reputable tuners, including one tuner that happens to be local to me that tunes everything from street cars to PRO-MODS and is well known for what he does, I've only spoken to one tuner that flat out refuses to tune 80's. Is there only one tuner in the country that does it right then?
Not sure what your asking but let me give you a little bit of advice, and this is coming from someone who has been tuning these trucks for going on 20 years...

Those that specialize in these trucks know alot more then other tuners about what it takes to tune them correctly. Most Mustang tuners wont touch a Lightning and if they do they try to tune it like a Mustang and it winds up not being so good.

Just because someone says "sure, tuning 80's will be no problem" does not mean its going to tune correctly and run right. 80's on other vehicles are no problem, they were actually a preferred injector for the 03-04 Cobra and dont act up on those cars like they do for the Lightning. Its something to do with the Lightning computer and how it handles the injectors during transition from closed loop to open loop, the carry on and cause problems that honestly you shouldnt have to deal with.

I do a ton of email tuning so I'm not going to put a band aid like forcing open loop all the time when a better injector is available.

Just my .02

[email protected]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts