Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am slowly making a dent in my list of projects with all of this social distancing going on. I am only working 3 12 hour shifts a week, so I have a ton of time at home. Today I decided to detail the interior. I gave it a good vacuum after I bought it, but there were some minor stains, and the seats were getting pills in the high wear areas.

I "shaved" the pills, and used some all purpose cleaner and a boars hair brush to clean the area. I was still left with some minor staining on the seats because I didn't want to get too aggressive cleaning them. I might research some Alcantara cleaner to try. I cleaned the plastics and dash, and coated in 303's Aerospace protectant. I used some APC on the carpets and floor mats, ran over them with a drill brush, and vacuumed them dry. I also did the exterior plastic trim with 303 in preparation for polishing later this week.

Before and after of the driver seat. I probably could have done some light sanding, but it is much better.

Before and after of the passenger seat. It is a bad before picture, but this one came out better than the driver side.

All done!

Before and after:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I use a cheap fuzz shaver thing from Joann's Fabric to get the bigger stuff off and then a regular blade shaver. Gillette or any will work.
That’s what I used. We have a small travel size version, and a larger one with a power cord.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Nicely done. I just used dry wet sandpaper. Work wonderfully. I changed my seat cushion this past weekend. Maybe you can see why from this pic.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts