Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Custom User Title
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it seems like the MAF swap is hard as the computer also controls our transmission. However something popped into my head last night and I was just curious if it can be done.

What if you got rid of the E40D, and went to a 4R70W with Manual valve body? Then you would be shifting that completely on your own. Would you then be able to do a cheap MAF swap vs like the 1600 dollar kits that are out there?

Then just run the Mustang stuff, and get a chip and tune the setup. Their computers can obviously handle the bigger different engines with the proper tune, so the question is just if that would work.

·
Registered
50 Posts
From what I've found you can actually build a kit fairly cheap. You just gotta find a AKC0 or BOI0 eec computer. The akc0 came with the lightning mad upgrade kit while the boi0 was maf equipped Cali trucks.....at least I think that's right. I may be wrong about the boi0 part number.....actually I'm almost positive I'm wrong but the concept is the same

·
Huge Member
473 Posts
So it seems like the MAF swap is hard as the computer also controls our transmission. However something popped into my head last night and I was just curious if it can be done.

What if you got rid of the E40D, and went to a 4R70W with Manual valve body? Then you would be shifting that completely on your own. Would you then be able to do a cheap MAF swap vs like the 1600 dollar kits that are out there?

Then just run the Mustang stuff, and get a chip and tune the setup. Their computers can obviously handle the bigger different engines with the proper tune, so the question is just if that would work.
You can probably get a baumann controller cheaper than a manual vb.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts