Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Upgraded In Tank Fuel Line Kits!!!!
7,794 Posts
for the grease I used high temp synthetic wheel bearing grease, with over 20,000 miles on my well used blower and turning smoothe, I pull it apart and clean/re-grease once a year!!

Reactions: svtforme

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah thats what I was thinking for grease. I am in the process of striping my rotors. I read that I should'nt strip the teflon off between the rotors and the housing. Anyone wanna chime in about that.

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,678 Posts
be careful when you strip 'em, all the ones I've done have been simple once they start peeling

Reactions: svtforme

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also should I clean the old grease out of the bearings or not and if so can I use brake cleaner?
I found some synthetic royal purple grease here at work that says it reduces temps as well as vibrations.

·
Premium Member
3,914 Posts
Yeah thats what I was thinking for grease. I am in the process of striping my rotors. I read that I should'nt strip the teflon off between the rotors and the housing. Anyone wanna chime in about that.

Snout side or case side?
No reason not to on the case side. Snout side is a bit different. You wont be able to unless you completely take everything apart.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts