Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m new here and I know there is a bunch of forums on doing it but I been going down the list and cannot find one with a step by step with pics or a video and if they did have pics my phone says they won’t load maybe cause of being to old if someone can help or send me in the right direction I would appreciate it I’m going to try to tackle this by the weekend. Thanks

·
Registered
96 Posts
I think everyone over estimates the difficulty the first time they did intercooler work. I did the turkey pan plug and intercooler within the first two weeks I had mine. I just followed with how tos from here. Look up the turkey pan mod thread in the how-tos, that's what I used. Take off the SC belt, unplug the sensors and vac stuff from the blower. Unbolt the blower and you've exposed the mid plate and intercooler. unbolt the midplate and take off the coolant lines. pry it off. I hit mine with a purse 😜 Do not separate the IC from the mid plate. I believe you would have to replace the gasket. I kept mine together, let it soak in purple power and reinstalled. Thats the general gist of it. Im sure I forgot to mention something, but its really not that bad. The gasket from the mid plate to the SC can be reused, just don't bend it, etc. it will be a good time to do a plug change as well if you need one. If i can find pics I'll attach.

·
Registered
96 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
My time is kinda skewed since I was doing the turkey pan mod, but to get the blower and IC off only takes a little bit of time. I can't remember how long I let mine soak for, but it was probably for an hour or so. Hopefully some others chime in, because there's more than one way to skin a cat, know what I mean? I used purple power and then sprayed with brake cleaner and washed with water. I based off recommendations from the guys here, but others used different products. But yes, you may be overthinking it. Its really not bad at all. Just take care of the metal blower gasket so you can reuse it. Maybe take pics of you rival lines too so you can put them back in the right places.

·
AntiSocial
21 BMW M550i xDrive, 18 Chevy Equinox LT 2.0T
851 Posts
Reactions: slo50stang

·
Registered
140 Posts
ive never owned a f150 or a supercharged car before . i was apprehensive too .but i followed this thread .
i had the blower off in about an hour and pulled the intercooler and cleaned with a degreaser .
change the plugs while its off. theyre a pain and less things in the way makes it easier

1 - 7 of 7 Posts