Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
JDM Built/KB 3.2
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the new inspection system in place my usual inspection station didn't want to risk it with my truck. Is there any place in Mass I could go and not have to worry about any grief? All monitors come up ready... the exhaust is a little loud. After all, it is a Lightning :wink2:

·
Boostaholic
4,729 Posts
With the new inspection system in place my usual inspection station didn't want to risk it with my truck. Is there any place in Mass I could go and not have to worry about any grief? All monitors come up ready... the exhaust is a little loud. After all, it is a Lightning :wink2:
Inspection for exhaust shouldnt be an issue.... emissions on other hand can be

What about your truck is questionable

·
JDM Built/KB 3.2
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Even Then I Was Old Skool!
10,406 Posts
Details About The New Massachusetts State Inspection Changes

How loud it is makes it questionable... as long as the inspector doesn't mind then thats great. The readiness/monitors are not an issue
Matt... My guy who loved my Lightning retired a few weeks ago. He never gave a crap about the exhaust, but yours is definitely louder than mine was LOL. Have you talked to Stan? His truck is pretty loud... maybe he can direct you. Jim Richards used to do it at the Ford shop where he worked IIRC... but he moved to Florida. Don't know if Jim can hook you up with somebody he was friendly with. I remember you had a lot of problems a few years back... so did I when I had a JDM tune. Once Paul tuned it I was good.

My Camaro isn't _too_ loud, but I have a full 3" exhaust with long tubes, magnaflows, and cutouts LOL. Hoping the owner of the shop I go to will ignore the cutouts. The new Mass specs are a bit over the top. The guys in MassTuning are pretty upset, some of the WRX guys are concerned... others with lifted trucks are going bonkers. Four (4) shop cameras at each corner of the shop and they have to also shoot a picture of the plate... no frames are allowed. I go in the Spring... passed fine last year.

Hope you get through it...Mike

·
JDM Built/KB 3.2
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A lot of the inspection stations I guess do not have the cameras active yet. I got my sticker yesterday so I can say F U again to the state of Massachusetts lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts