Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Never Satisfied!!
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have asked a couple guys on here about the innovative west harmonic balancer/pulley. I am getting ready to have a build done and am in the process of getting everything I need to hopefully do it right the first time. I thought I was done until I saw this part on a truck for sale. Does anyone have experience with this part, and what are the advantages of it?( besides looking really sexy) Thanks guys!!

·
Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck
14,677 Posts
I believe it's a couple ounces lighter than a BHJ balancer, and since it's mostly aluminum it won't rust up like a BHJ one.

The one nice part is the adaptor piece allows you to directly bolt up a metco style pulley ring without an intermediate hub. Doesn't sound like a huge deal, but I've sheared hub bolts before, so eliminating the aftermarket hubs held on with 3 bolts, and replacing it with the IW setup where the adaptor is held on with like 18 small screws and 3 additional bolts is a much stronger setup. They also offer various thickness adaptors so you can run the bigger KBs without adding spacers behind an intermediate hub too.

And they look badazz....and on top of all that make great candy dishes!

Attachments

·
RWHP ADDICT
600 Posts
They control crankshaft harmonic vibrations far better than a stock balancer is capable of, and they can't separate from the hub the way a stock balancer will over time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts