Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Brick Aviator
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys got my injectors back and sure enough 1 was not flowing like the others,..anyways removal was easy except for the drivers side and it was a pita.

Now i need to reinstall and i am looking at it saying to myself this is gonna be 10 times worse to install on the drivers side so do you guys have any tips?

Should i just remove everything i can including the blower to help or is it overkill and someone has that little bit of info to make this easier or am i just goona have to bite the bullet and spend all day with tore up hands?

Also is their orientation important? i noticed the last one on drivers side was faced a different direction than the others  when i pulled them.

[smilie=bow.gif] a little thanks ahead of time for Suavy and Herb101 as i know they will attempt to make my life easier.

·
Registered
207 Posts
LOL - I was going to answer, even before I got to the last line  :LOL

I'd say pulling the blower would be overkill, unless you also want to clean the IC and make a day of it.  I would suggest pulling the EGR tube and possibly the EGR 'collateral equipment' bracket that bolts down to the drivers side of the blower.  Over the years I've worked on all types of vehicles, I gave up of the "work around" mentatlity - if it's somewhat in my way, I'll pull it and make my life easier, then replace it when I'm done. 

Injectors don't have an assymetrical pattern (usually just a 30 degree cone), so the orientation of the plug does not matter for performance.  The plug location is more a function of the lead length and position in the factory harness.  I usually seat the injectors in the manifold first, to prevent accidental damage to the plastic injector hats.  Then set the rail in place and line up the four tops for the driver's bank first.  I start here because the fuel lines hold the rail captive and limit the movement.  Start the hold-down bolts, but don't tighten until both sides are done.  Do the same to the passenger side (more room to move the rail around).  Hold downward pressure on the rail while you tighten to the two bolts on each side to ensure your injectors are fully seated.

Tips:
1) Take a close-up digital picture od each bank and use it to guide the orinetation on reinstall.
2) When you pull the fuel rail off, there will be some fuel leakage (up to a few onces), so have a shop rag ready.
3) Ensure the O-ring is not left behind in the intake bung or fuel rail.
4) Be carefull with the little plastic caps on the outlets (injector hats) - they can affect the spray pattern if damaged.
5) Smear a small amount of Vasolene on the O-rings of the new injectors to prevent any damage and to ease the install.  This will also make it very easy to twist the injector body for wiring plug alignment, even with the rail fully bolted in.

Good luck,
Herb

·
Brick Aviator
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got Paul and Tim at Razorsedgemotorsports.com to go thru them. They found one that was flowing bout 15% less than it was supposed to and thats seem to have been my problem for the last year or so with detonation under wot,..got them back in and loaded the revised preditor pulley tunefor 93 octane and have zero detonation so far but im still waiting for a good tune from Paul before i go beat on it alot.

·
Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
5,887 Posts
Don't forget to change the fuel filter It could save you some work down the road. :cheers:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.