Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st post here.   I got a 01 Silver L #905 of 6381.  I have a question.  On the inside of the drivers door and under the hood just to the inside of the left hood bumper, I have the initials "GT"  written with a permanent marker.  I did a search but found nothing.  Does anybody know who's or what they are for.  I'm thinking they are the initials of the inspector who did the final on the truck when it came of the line.  Do any of you have them or something different? [smilie=popcorn.gif]

·
Registered
367 Posts
Very interesting I have an 01 and I don;'t have any initals. Hey I got ripped!!!! :sad:

·
Registered
648 Posts
I haven't heard of those initials in 3 yrs. His name was Gillespie Thermador, and immigrant from what was once known, as the Chec Republic. He was a line worker that came to a tragic death one day in the summer of 01. The workers started to put his initials on the trucks to honor him. Once management found out about this they put a stop to it. They say around 200  went out before it was discovered. As the story goes The night before workers were complaining about the trolley system that the trucks came down on. It started around bend number 5 where the doors and fenders were installed. They say there was a huge shaking and a truck fell off it's guides and fell the 2-3 feet and all production was stopped for 6 hrs. Management had thought they fixed the problem but the workers were still Leary. The next day Gillespie came in at 8 a.m. like he did the 6 yrs prior. You could set a watch by this guy, never late, never sick. It was mid day and he was working bend #5 in the assembly and one of his co-workers ratchet rolled under a truck that was being assembled. The worker had told Gillespie what had happened here the night before and he wasn't going under the truck to get it. Gillespie just laughed and said in his accented English "they fixed it, me go and get it" The other worker said don't! you don't know if it's safe. Gillespie just laughed. The worker saw Gillespie crawl under the newly formed truck, and all that was sticking out from under the truck was Gillespie's feet. The assembly line surged and shook and with that, came a crash. In a flash "the once awarded for the best attendance ever" employee was dead. After that tragedy they shut down the plant and relocated it. Some say you can look through the dirty old windows of the once thriving assembly plant and still see Gillespie Thermador waiting for a truck that will never show up again.

·
Registered
367 Posts
No that is some freaky stuff. Man that means that your truck is a collectors items more than the rest of them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My truck was made on Feb 14, 2001, soon be 4 years to the day. GT had to pass away before the summer of 2001. Thats a cool story

:shock:

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
WELCOME FAST 01  [smilie=wavey.gif]

Awesome story rumrunner  :smt023 :smt023

:cheers: to GT

·
Registered
648 Posts
Thanks, Rob. But the key word in your statement was "story"!

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
I was kind of assuming that, reminds me of an old Re-Hab story I heard many many moons ago, ( engine Joe or something, I don't remember much from those years :LOL )
FLASH BACK [smilie=eek4.gif]

·
Registered
270 Posts
o ya? who told u that?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Your story had me LMAO..........I got this picture of his feet...well never mind. Great story though. Reminded me of the infamous Goat Man that used to hang out at our local make out spot when I was a teen.

On a serious note...somebody wrote, Hi ! , on both of the rear shocks on my truck. Must have been a friendly line worker... :D

·
Registered
648 Posts
That wasn't hi! they were the initials H.I. which stood for Henry Ignales. He was the guy who dropped the rachet................ :shock:

·
Registered
6 Posts
rumrunner said:
That wasn't hi!  they were the initials H.I. which stood for Henry Ignales. He was the guy who dropped the rachet................ :shock:
known as a.k.a "drops" to his coworkers on the line, who once superglued his ratchet to his hand. :smt040

1 - 13 of 13 Posts