Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulled out onto an open highway, gave it some gas, broke loose the tires, started drifting, then bam nothing just died. Motor turns over, but no fuel pressure, mechanic told me to reset the inertia switch under the passenger kick panel. What's that?:smt102

·
Upgraded In Tank Fuel Line Kits!!!!
7,794 Posts
it's a safety switch that cuts off your fuel pumps when you get in an accident. look on the right side kick panel for the reset.

·
Fat Bastad
2,756 Posts
It pops up...Just press it down. If it's already down it's not going to hurt anything to press on it. From what you describe your problem isn't your inertia switch.

Roach

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It doesn't move, it's all the way down and doesn't pop up I held it down for about 15 seconds. When I turn the key to on, the fuel pumps don't come on. The motor turns over but no fuel pressure. The mechanic said this was the easiest thing to check. I guess I'll just get towed to the shop tomorrow.

·
Innovator of the Bombassani exhaust
2,428 Posts
Hoses might have popped off in the tank???? Fuel resistor crapped out???

I would jump the fuel resistor circuit ( under hood fuse block ) and turn it over.

·
Innovator of the Bombassani exhaust
2,428 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.