Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,

Anyone have black "Lightning" caliper covers? MGP is the only brand I could find on the net. but I can't justify the "new" price.. I may entertain red... These would go on a 2001. Caliper recommendations also accepted. Had these wheels powder coated and other parts. Silver is my accent color.

Thanks

fred d.

·
AntiSocial
17 X3 35i, 18 Equinox LT 2.0T, 21 M550i -July production
767 Posts
Those are hard to find. I’ve been looking for red ones. A black set sold on eBay two weeks ago for $160. Good luck.

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
9,778 Posts
I have red MGP covers on my truck. I had black ones, but swapped them out for red. I gave the black ones to a good friend of mine who has a black Lightning. Yup, gave them to him. I bought both sets from CARiD. They do have a discount code for this site, as they are a supporting vendor. Picking up another set for my Mustang soon. Front ones have a horse emblem, back ones say FORD.

Changed to red because of the red Mag-Hytec differential cover, and soon to be installed red Mag-Hytec deep transmission pan.

Attachments

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
9,778 Posts
Holy crap! The black carbon fiber would match the JLT CAI. Only $374.o_O
Is that CARiD's price? But yeah, I'd expect to pay more for carbon fiber. The two 2013/14 Mustang hood vents on my Lightning costed around that same amount from CARiD.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
I personally don't get the appeal of the covers. Either paint your stock calipers or go with the TCE Wilwood's and etc. kits that are out there.

Or the cheaper PowerStop powder coated factory type kits.

·
AntiSocial
767 Posts
The stock calipers are ugly, even painted. And some people don’t want to spend thousands of dollars on brakes, for trucks that aren’t worth much more than that.

·
AntiSocial
767 Posts
yes they are.
Which part? The ugly calipers I hope. Because book on my truck is barely $5k, which ain't much more than a set of Brembos

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Which part? The ugly calipers I hope. Because book on my truck is barely $5k, which ain't much more than a set of Brembos
Yes, the ugly calipers.
Rant....I don't care what book value is on these trucks when it comes to putting mods ($$$) on them. If it looks good while going fast or sitting still, it's worth a smile. There are a lot of good looking old trucks out there with $200K miles I would drive coast to coast. Toss the book out. When I see a stock L all I wanna do is make it go faster and look better. I think there are a lot of folks like that. The lightning market comes and goes and it's no different than any other market. I am a newbie still, but I'm loving everything about my L.

·
AntiSocial
767 Posts
Isn't this the same mentality that you where giving Cbxer55 about being a poser? Symbolism over substance?
Nope. This is just covering an ugly part with a not so ugly part. They say Lightning on them, not Brembo. No posing of any kind. It’s no different than manufacturers putting plastic engine covers on.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts