Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since I have gotten my truck, it didn't have a fan shroud, just some crappy cheap electric fans that I removed and put a clutch fan back on (was supposed to be temporary as I planned on JDM fans but plans change). Anyway, which F-150's could I pull a stock shroud off of and everything will fit correctly? Will the V-6 trucks use the same fan shroud? Or only 5.4 trucks?

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,678 Posts
the 5.4 and 4.6 equipped trucks will interchange BUT won't have the hole for the i/c fluid tank

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,678 Posts
allegedly one can drill / add the holes and they'll work, but I have no experience with it

and is the reason I opted for a JLP street tank VS the stock i/c tank on my green truck

·
Registered
17,565 Posts
the lip on the na fan shrouds is to deep and will interfere with the tensioner arm on the SC idler pulley bracket

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,678 Posts
^^^ more info as why not to use one

·
Registered
37 Posts
You will need a lightning fan shroud. I tried one off a 2000 f-150 4.6 and one off a 2001 f-150 5.4. they will not work. the water pump has a extension on it and puts the fan in to far. my fan would hit the lower edge. lightning shroud fit perfectly and the inner cooler tank fit correctly. dont waste your time. buy a good used lightning fan shroud.

·
99 problems and $$ is all of em
1,967 Posts

·
Go Huskers!
1,411 Posts
Ever since I have gotten my truck, it didn't have a fan shroud, just some crappy cheap electric fans that I removed and put a clutch fan back on (was supposed to be temporary as I planned on JDM fans but plans change). Anyway, which F-150's could I pull a stock shroud off of and everything will fit correctly? Will the V-6 trucks use the same fan shroud? Or only 5.4 trucks?
I have a shroud from my truck if you want it. PM and we can make a deal

1 - 9 of 9 Posts